Interceptor Spectrum vs. Interceptor

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I discovered some red bugs in my tank. I had a enough of Interceptor from a while back when I got red bugs from a frag. Question is that I don't have a dog and I wasn't able to get any from my local reef club, so I ordered Interceptor Spectrum from an Australian based company. I asked if it was the same exact product and he assured me it was.

I just got back from vacation and the they are not in round pill form, but rectangular and say "tasty chew". Each pill does have 23g of milbemycin oxime, but not sure if I should use this or return it to the company.
 
I started that thread because I purchased the same product as you got and had issues dealing with local vets.

I am using it a second time now but I have no fish in my system. The thread is a true account of my experience using the product.

I didn't want to use the chews either but then again I didn't like dealing with vets and didn't want to spend the $100 it woulda cost me for the only vet in town that I was told could 'legally' perscribe the right pill type interceptor. The emergency visit to that same vet was $180. The vet was the University of Wisconsin Vet School.

If you do use them please tell about your experience in that thread. Thank you.

Kris
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new