Clownfish aggression with eggs

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my clownfish lay eggs every so often and they are getting more and more aggressive with each batch. What can I do? They are killing inverts at this point. Anything that gets close to them, they kill. I have a randalls goby that has gone into hiding. Killed a peppermint shrimp and cleaner. All snails are missing. All hermits gone. If I put my hand in the tank, they attack me like crazy. When I say like crazy, I mean piranha attack.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind are they? any pics?
i am a breeder and i got some meanies too. i have a darwin female actually jump out of the water to bite my hand!!

i would suggest replacing them. not much you can do to calm them down. that is the big downfall to clowns, once hey become large and lay eggs, they do get aggressive. they are after all in the damsel family.

OP
OP
B

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually not sure what kind they are. Orange and white and some black. I really don't like the clowns. They have killed every fish I have ever put with them. Even damsels. Its a biocube 29 with a temporary Valangii (sp) tang. The tang is very small but the clowns leave him alone. I would love to replace them. But the whole nemi thing keeps my kids happy. I will post pics when lights come on.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your biggest issue with them is the tank size. They control a certain size area and unfortunetely its most of your tank. In larger tanks they dont seem so aggressive cause other fish have room to avoid them and let them have their territory. Im not sure there is really anything you can do.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back