Acan, Lobo and Favia care

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1425773169.888159.jpg


I just added these three corals to a mature 12g (5+yrs) after recovering from a crash last year. I'm doing coral only this time for water quality. I've had all of these before but would be interested in any hints or tips anyone might have about succeeding. Here's my little tank. The corals are much prettier under some blue light but I can't get a good pic that way.
 
Feed em mysis or brine shrimp after the lights go out 1-2 times a week. They'll grow faster and be healthier. Not too much light, looks like you have them pretty low which works we'll for me.
 
Feed em mysis or brine shrimp after the lights go out 1-2 times a week. They'll grow faster and be healthier. Not too much light, looks like you have them pretty low which works we'll for me.

I have reef roids. Is that ok or do they need something bulkier?
 
I haven't used reef roids but I think those are more for filter feeders (not sure though. I've always feed my LPS meatier stuff. When their feeder tentacles come out you can just drop something in the middle. My Acans are always hungry, and they def grow faster/ put off new babies faster when fed.
 
Keep`em low In the tank , sand bottom Is good , shut off pump so no flow for a few minutes then feed myis and brine shrimp ,target feed twice a week I mix Fuel ,shrimp and Reef Chilly together in tank water .
 
Thanks everyone. I turned off the pumps yesterday and they opened their mouths wide! I'll try to get them some meatier stuff too.
 
Well the corals aren't looking too good. With the exception of the favia, they're not puffy. My water quality was perfect when I put them in and I've fed them reef roids once since I got them over the weekend. Is it normal for LPS to have trouble adapting? I've had all three before without a problem. Low flow and low lights. Any feedback?
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1426107026.390054.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1426107046.666429.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1426107106.972907.jpg


Here they are. Not the greatest of pics. To me, the acan and lobo don't look to hot.
 
It's hard to see in the pics but I can see their 'bones' under the surface, although none are poking out.
 
I could really use any advice! I'm starting to wonder if there's something toxic in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new