“Bucket List” Fish ACQUIRED!

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been in the hobby for nearly 15 years, and I have always wanted a borbonius anthias. The price and timing was never right. Went to my local LFS about 4 weeks ago and they told me they were getting one in, and said they would be doing a 4 week QT and monitoring.

Today, he was ready for purchase, owner of the store called me and I never have gotten in my truck so fast. Brought the (not so little) guy home and acclimated him. Kept the lights off and turned them on the last 2 hours this evening and he was already starting to come out. Fed before we went to bed and he/she is already eating frozen and pellets!

Since I know it’ll be asked…currently housed with 2 frost bite clowns, sunburst (fathead) anthias, swallowtail angel, naso tang, chocolate tang, hippo tang, mustard tang, white tail kole tang, one spot foxface, talbot damsel, mystery wrasse, and starry blenny.

Now I just need my candy cane basslet(s) to complete my bucket list, for now lol.

IMG_7431.jpeg IMG_7427.jpeg IMG_7426.jpeg IMG_7428.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the hobby for nearly 15 years, and I have always wanted a borbonius anthias. The price and timing was never right. Went to my local LFS about 4 weeks ago and they told me they were getting one in, and said they would be doing a 4 week QT and monitoring.

Today, he was ready for purchase, owner of the store called me and I never have gotten in my truck so fast. Brought the (not so little) guy home and acclimated him. Kept the lights off and turned them on the last 2 hours this evening and he was already starting to come out. Fed before we went to bed and he/she is already eating frozen and pellets!

Since I know it’ll be asked…currently housed with 2 frost bite clowns, sunburst (fathead) anthias, swallowtail angel, naso tang, chocolate tang, hippo tang, mustard tang, white tail kole tang, one spot foxface, talbot damsel, mystery wrasse, and starry blenny.

Now I just need my candy cane basslet(s) to complete my bucket list, for now lol.

IMG_7431.jpeg IMG_7427.jpeg IMG_7426.jpeg IMG_7428.jpeg
Borbonius Anthias are one of the only anthias I would ever keep, yours is really beautiful. Congrats on getting a wishlist fish!

OP
OP
strawberry_reef

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Borbonius Anthias are one of the only anthias I would ever keep, yours is really beautiful. Congrats on getting a wishlist fish!

Thank you! Yeah they’re gorgeous. Only two anthias I’ve ever wanted were sunburst and bornonius, and now I have both lol. It’s a good day!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy basslet in stock in UK atm pretty much £2000 i have the rubre and never see it so would never put a candy in a big tank would only put it in a nano

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks great. Been on sale at NY aquatics for $199

OP
OP
strawberry_reef

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great. Been on sale at NY aquatics for $199

I saw that, unfortunately I don’t ever trust shipping to my house (bipolar weather and unreliable delivery people). I’ve had nothing but bad luck lol. And I enjoy supporting my LFS that’s been open for 20+ years, and they do a phenomenal job QT’ing fish and assuring they’re completely healthy before they go out the door.

That’s an awesome deal for anyone willing to ship to their house though!

OP
OP
strawberry_reef

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a great fish. Definitely high on my list!

Also great to see an LFS that does a 4-week QT! Do you know if they do any medicating?

It depends on the fish, they’re condition they come in, and the type of fish. But to answer your question - yes, they do most of the time. This store has been open over 20 years. They do a heck of a job.

OP
OP
strawberry_reef

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Candy basslet in stock in UK atm pretty much £2000 i have the rubre and never see it so would never put a candy in a big tank would only put it in a nano

Unfortunately I’m located in the US, and I never order fish online. So it’s a waiting game for me whenever my LFS can order them in for me.

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back