I ordered some Sodium phosphate dibasic since the current efforts and products aren't providing results.
I'd be careful spending on a hair trigger like that...at least in this hobby. ;)
Nobody was saying
NeoPhos couldn't work or that sodium phosphate is "better"
per se.
They were saying
NeoPhos is more expensive....which is usually not an issue with the smaller quantities we use.
Sodium Phosphate is cheaper, and DIY chemistry is great, but it comes without mixing or usage instructions, and might only come in "lifetime supply" sizes....
definitely not for everyone. Plus who are you buying from? Are they trustworthy or completely unknown? Would you even know if they mixed in 10% sodium bicarbonate to rip you off slightly?
Regardless of what you use,
dose to a higher target like I said and you will have residual PO4 in the water.
Once you obtain that, usually less dosing is required...maybe even none.
Dosing a mere 0.02 ppm when your tank is in deficit is like giving a thirsty person a damp sponge to drink from....UNSATISFYING! :)
For what it's worth, I've never seen anyone have an actual issue with
NeoPhos, and I don't think you're having one either. Zillions of folks use it successfully. Seachem flourish is another option that's easier to get sometimes. Both seem to be a good, useful concentration at a price that's reasonable.