0-10v control with varios pumps

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the 0-10v variable speed control wire allow for turning on and off the varios pumps or is it just for flow control in the on position? Do I need to plug the pump into the Neptune power bar as well for on/off functionality or can I just have it go to a standard plug outside the neptune power bar and control via the 0-10v?

Thanks

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no. You can effectively turn off the pump with the 0-10V control. Plugging it into the EV832 will let you completely cut power to the pump as well as monitor power usage. Honestly, I think you could do either one.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can control the flow and turn it off as well
I also have it plugged into my EB8 but really not needed

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Varios is plugged into me EB8 but as stated- not really needed. During feed times I have it set @ 25%. This setting is low enough that there is enough pressure to prevent a siphon without returning the water to the tank.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the replies. How about if I want to set a rule to turn off all pumps if a leak detector goes off. Is that still easy enough with the variable speed port only or is that best accomplished through the EB8?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the 0-10V control to 0 which will be the same as turning it off.

You may want to think about whether turning the return pump off automatically is the correct action, though. If the leak is caused by the sump overflowing and you turn your return pump off, it will just allow more water to siphon back down and make the flooding worse. Even if you turn it back to a level that balances head pressure so there is no flow, either forward or backwards, you will still get the rest of the water from the overflow draining down.

If the leak is from the return plumbing or from the display tank overflowing, then stopping the return pump will help. Otherwise it will either not help or make things worse.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the replies. How about if I want to set a rule to turn off all pumps if a leak detector goes off. Is that still easy enough with the variable speed port only or is that best accomplished through the EB8?
If not using the eb8 to turn the pump off you could probably create a profile. For example my leak detector language is "IF LEAK = ON THEN xxx". Creating a profile for your varios for either 0v (or 25% in my case) and naming it something like "PUMP E-STOP" should work. The language would be something like "IF LEAK = ON THEN PUMP E-STOP". I always like to test my programming. If I get bored I might test it to see how the program performs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.7%
Back