0 nutrients after dosing NeoPhos and NeoNitro

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My phosphates are stuck at 0. I am dosing enough NeoPhos to raise it by 0.03 daily for 3 days now (as per instructions on the bottle). According to Hanna phosphorus ulr test kit, my tank takes up 0.20 phosphate per day (I had a spike for 2 days form a fish death, sand burrowing wrasse that got fully consumed my tank cuc). It’s a 25 lagoon started with live rock form the gulf.

Is my system carbon limited? How can I know if my system is carbon limited? I dose tropic marine all for reef (my phosphates went to 0.006 and eventually 0 once I started dosing it. It was previously at 0.012). Alk consumption is 0.2 dkh per day.

I am also going through a cyano outbreak now. Dose that have an effect on my nutrients? Nitrate is undetectable as well (granted that I use API test kit for that).

@Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dose more if the values are not coming off zero. Most tanks are carbon limited for bacteria, but that has no bearing on N and P being low.

Yes, cyano is consuming some of the nutrients, as will other organics and binding of phosphate to the rock and sand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back