20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Yes Mike I own a restaurant and cook all day.
That's awesome! I wish I had some of the food yall are posting pictures of! I wasn't hungry till I pulled out my phone :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
@tbrown
Tim thank you for the nomination for mariner of the month.
What you wrote was amazing and meant a lot to me.
Thank you my friend!
I was going to nominate you in Tim didn't but I wanted to give him the chance :zany-face:
 
There has been more good food cooked in this thread than most of the restaurants I've ever been to or worked at.
Just keep it up and Luis and I will get that cookbook written for sure!
 
My buddys wife works for pineland farms in the lab and they have to test every batch so after they test a tiny samel she just brings chunks of cheese home. Everytime I visit I leave with like 5lbs of fresh awesome cheeses
 
I want that recipe please!

Ok here we go
You need:
2 cups of rice
2 cups of water and 1 cup of cooking wine
Ham (of your preference)
Chorizo
Corn
Onion
Garlic
Chili
Salt
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Badia Yellow Coloring

Preparation:
Rinse the 2 cups of rice
Cut the ham into cubes of your preference
Cut the garlic, onion and chili very small
Cut the corn
Cooking:
Put a little oil in the pot over medium high heat
Add the sofrito (garlic, onion, chili) until golden
Add the ham and chorizo to fry a little
Add the 2 cups of water and 1 cup of cooking wine until it boils and the alcohol in the cooking wine evaporates
Add the salt, paprika, garlic and onion powder, add the yellow food coloring and any other seasoning to taste
When everything starts to boil, add the 2 cups of rice and stir for 1 minute
Add the corn
Cover the pot and lower the heat to low or almost minimum
Wait about 20 minutes or so to uncover the first time to check if all the rice is cooked and then leave it more or less minimum depending on how it looks
I hope you like it lol and if anyone tries it send me photos or ask me any questions
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2735.jpeg
    IMG_2735.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 40
@tbrown
Tim thank you for the nomination for mariner of the month.
What you wrote was amazing and meant a lot to me.
Thank you my friend!
And I meant every word of it! Now for you to accept it though you'll have to follow the entry requirements.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new