20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
They can. My conch didn't move for 2-3 days when I added it.
My conch is already out l, I saw its body but no eyes or anything it smelled
 
Chicken Shawarma!

IMG_5755.jpeg
Yum I’m so hungry now!!
Check out our new little friend. His name is Lurch we’ve decided to keep him isn’t he so adorable.
He eats Nori and sinking pellets and he can actually move really freakin fast!
 
so sorry amanda. i dont know whats up with usps anymore. we keep getting late fees on different bills we paid because apparently 2 weeks isnt long enough for a check to get to a different state! crazy!
 
so sorry amanda. i dont know whats up with usps anymore. we keep getting late fees on different bills we paid because apparently 2 weeks isnt long enough for a check to get to a different state! crazy!
It’s a government agency, enough said. It needs to be turned over to the public sector so it can run efficiently and profitably. ( The following sentences are my own opinion and are not meant to offend or start an argument).
 
It’s a government agency, enough said. It needs to be turned over to the public sector so it can run efficiently and profitably. ( The following sentences are my own opinion and are not meant to offend or start an argument).
Except UPS and FedEx are private sector and they're typically worse...
 
I can't remember ever having issues with UPS but I have fedex
I've lost plenty of livestock to both UPS and FedEx. I've also received plenty of of live, healthy livestock from both. USPS doesn't understand "fast" because they'd need to form 3 or 4 committees to figure out speeding it up and that takes too long and we're going to have to request (and have it authorized) an additional $10M in the upcoming fiscal budget to hire someone to run a cost analysis to see if it's even worth considering it.
 
I've lost plenty of livestock to both UPS and FedEx. I've also received plenty of of live, healthy livestock from both. USPS doesn't understand "fast" because they'd need to form 3 or 4 committees to figure out speeding it up and that takes too long and we're going to have to request (and have it authorized) an additional $10M in the upcoming fiscal budget to hire someone to run a cost analysis to see if it's even worth considering it.
Yeap that sounds about right.
 
I can't remember ever having issues with UPS but I have fedex
I will never ever ever ever use UPS again they can rot in Smorgy hell for all I’m concerned!
lol
 
Do snails take a while to come out?
I had an order get delayed and my tiger conch didn't move from the same spot for 2 full days. He's alive and well months later. Snails are weird and harder to judge. I agree with all others that the smell is the way to tell. Good job with P04. How are your corals looking?
 
Interesting. Guessing it's the same for snails? What if snails don't move for a few days
It happens.
Some of mine don't move for weeks.
 
It happens.
Some of mine don't move for weeks.
Turbos all dead, submitted a form with LA still awaiting response
 
I had an order get delayed and my tiger conch didn't move from the same spot for 2 full days. He's alive and well months later. Snails are weird and harder to judge. I agree with all others that the smell is the way to tell. Good job with P04. How are your corals looking?
Corals seem to be fine
 
Do snails take a while to come out?
Sometimes yes.
Acclimation on snails can be rough at times believe it or not .
Haven't bought any in years but when I did I always did the bucket/cup method.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new