20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Lights off. Just sunlight from the window
1000005995.jpg
I know it's a divided opinion but I've read that too much light from outside can help create algae in the tank.


I only get it for a couple hours first thing in the morning. And i have a cyano issue but nothing else grows at all and if i actually did grow some GHA i think my foxface would love that haha. If it becomes a problem i'll get a curtain!
 
Good morning!!

I saw you got another light!! How are you liking them?
Great! I love them. I’m trying to figure out what light schedule is the best. That’s a hard part and how much intensity they need.
 
Great! I love them. I’m trying to figure out what light schedule is the best. That’s a hard part and how much intensity they need.
Im focusing on getting some corals into my tank, then I'll start bumping up intensity. I hope I win one of the orphek light bars as I could use something to help fight some of the shadows. I have 2 viparspectra 130w lights and they work good but I could definitely use some better coverage. Just remember a coral can live with too little light, way longer than too much light!
 
Waiting for my buddy to show up to get this pool table, then I'll begin working on building my fish room soon! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I'll remember to take plenty off pictures for the build thread!
 
Lights off. Just sunlight from the window
1000005995.jpg
if you're using an iPhone, set it to the night setting and turn the blues off. you get better pics. really pulls in the light.
 
I only get it for a couple hours first thing in the morning. And i have a cyano issue but nothing else grows at all and if i actually did grow some GHA i think my foxface would love that haha. If it becomes a problem i'll get a curtain!
wintertime I get the reflection of the sun off the wood floor. summer nothing. it's just cause the sun is lower and makes it through the porch.
 
wintertime I get the reflection of the sun off the wood floor. summer nothing. it's just cause the sun is lower and makes it through the porch.
I didnt notice as much light this summer, I think it's a winter thing for me as well. It comes in through the sliding glass door. I had a curtain but whenever someone came in the driveway the dogs ran to the door and eventually ripped the curtain down..:face-with-rolling-eyes:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new