00W's AIO Smorgasbord

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'd like to pose a question to y'all.
Alk and ph seem to be what my tank's calling on me about over the last few months so how does everyone test for ph or do you even test at all?
I really never test for pH.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm off to bed everyone! Good night!
Good Night 犬 GIF

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes seems to be common practice.
It fluctuates so much during the day that it's really useless. I maybe test once every two or three months, just to make sure it is reasonable and it's not crazy high or crazy low. But even if I open a window in that room it will higher the pH, so many factors can mess with the stability. Obviously it's not an issue because many people have kept their reef tanks successfully.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It fluctuates so much during the day that it's really useless. I maybe test once every two or three months, just to make sure it is reasonable and it's not crazy high or crazy low. But even if I open a window in that room it will higher the pH, so many factors can mess with the stability. Obviously it's not an issue because many people have kept their reef tanks successfully.
On point Walker.
On point.
We have been opening the windows more so I thought I would just get a better grasp on the fluctuations.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good night peeps!
93B1F9E0-D293-4847-AF49-60C3C6C464AF.jpeg
Never meant to post this but while looking for a picture to post I accidentally hit this. This is me and my father at the Garden in Boston at his retirement party. RIP dad, what a great person! I don’t know how
many times I run into a problem and I want to call him. :crying-face:

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luis angel
Hi Luis, How is your Aunt doing? Didn’t want to pry, but we are all still thinking about you and your family.
Thank you very much for your concern, sorry if I have been a little absent today, today (friday) was the day of the funeral and tomorrow the burial of my grandmother and my cousin, my aunt is unfortunately in a coma and does not wake up, We are waiting for some improvement but the doctors do not give much hope and if she survives there are many consequences that could come, thank you again

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok so I'd like to pose a question to y'all.
Alk and ph seem to be what my tank's calling on me about over the last few months so how does everyone test for ph or do you even test at all?
I don't test for pH. If pH is good, alk is usually good. If alk is good, pH is usually good. At least that's my understanding. The two generally work together. Low alk makes pH unstable. Unstable pH makes alk swings. Or something like that?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been using api for ph for about 100 years but wanting something more exact I guess thinking of either this
Screenshot_20240503_183624_Chrome.jpg
Or this
Screenshot_20240503_183727_Chrome.jpg
Or is salifert just easy?
Never used a salifert test.
I use a Milwaukee pH pen or an Amazon special pH pen when I test. Frank uses the Pinpoint I think...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 145 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back