20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
How's your $$$$$$ zoa frags doing @tbrown
They're pretty much fully healed and one looks like it's getting a baby already.

The guy that I got the first one from wants a couple and one of my Nems so I'm going to cut another couple for him and do a trade hopefully this weekend.

1000005981.jpg
 
And for the record, people that hate on Emerald crabs for Bubble Algae, I want to point out the bubble algae under that Nem... It took 3 days for 2 Emeralds to clear that whole rock it's on.
 
They're pretty much fully healed and one looks like it's getting a baby already.

The guy that I got the first one from wants a couple and one of my Nems so I'm going to cut another couple for him and do a trade hopefully this weekend.

1000005981.jpg
That's awesome! I wasn't sure if they had even opened up! Did you actually find those from someone local? Or is this guy someone your shipping to? I'd be super nervous shipping something that expensive...
 
That's awesome! I wasn't sure if they had even opened up! Did you actually find those from someone local? Or is this guy someone your shipping to? I'd be super nervous shipping something that expensive...
Local. I won it on Instagram and he happens to live a half mile east of me. Literally a half mile east and 2 blocks north.
 
I'm probably going to trade for a couple other "highish end" Zoas.
 
I'm probably going to trade for a couple other "highish end" Zoas.
I wish I won stuff as often as you seem to :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
I know it’s tough to tell by pictures but noticed severe deterioration of the interior silicone. Reached out to multiple “services” and no one offer to reseal. Guy said it’s super easy to do it’s just time consuming. So, I attempted it myself. Got most of the interior silicone off (except residue) but noticed bubbling starting. Not sure if this is a normal finding when attempting to reseal or if now I just took all structural integrity once I do reseal.

First two photos are the seal before I removed it on the interior, 3rd photo is the bubbles I’ve noticed.

I also attached 2 iCloud videos for you guys to look at closer.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/073feWCStAbslP0RHQzGfS2dg
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0866SefiCcQZ8EwhrauBSKwEw

Let me know if I’m fu**** please

IMG_2477.jpeg IMG_2476.jpeg IMG_2591.jpeg
 
I've never completely stripped and resealed a tank. I've silicones over existing before...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new