20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Dogs started school today, again, and boy it's exhausting! Goldy did not have a good day. She wouldn't listen to me at all, and she kept digging her head into sealed bags of dog food... of course :rolleyes: ;) dogs love food more than their owners ;)

I also have class again tomorrow because she said she think I and the dogs will like the other dogs in the class better. It's a free class so of course I said yes! But I'll be exhausted tomorrow.

Anyways, today I feel much better if you can't tell from the amount of enthusiasm I've put into this post already.

My tank is heated to the mid 70s, and today I finally turned the return pump on. I am hoping to transfer everything over on Friday, that way I have the weekend to make sure everything goes half okay. I put in some bacteria and ammonia just because I felt like it; hopefully that makes the transition easier on the fish and corals.

I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I did get 2 Ecotech Radion XR15 G6 lights, so I'll probably just run the AB schedule because I've heard it's popular.
 
I'm off to bed now good night everyone!
Donald Duck Sleeping GIF
Goodnight... not peanut...not tulip... uhmmm... sweet pea? Idk. Goodnight Amanda :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Better than the others. Thanks. Time will tell after the Lidocaine wears off. Walking better.
My son had a tongue tie cut today down in Falmouth. 2hr 15m drive for him to not cooperate at all and barely got it done. Hopefully yours went smoother :smiling-face-with-halo:
 
ahh im so sorry. they wanted to do that on my baby too but i said no. didnt think i could handle it:confounded-face:
feel better walker! tomorrow is another day!
glad thats behind you bubbles!
 
@OrchidMiss how are you this evening?
ahh im so sorry. they wanted to do that on my baby too but i said no. didnt think i could handle it:confounded-face:
feel better walker! tomorrow is another day!
glad thats behind you bubbles!
Put it off but he wakes up every 30-90minutes every night and they think it's because his tongue doesn't suction cup to the roof of his mouth when he sleeps. He turned 1 on Jan 1 so it's been a long year
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new