20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I rotate rocks out of the 3 tanks into the 110g and let the copperband go to town. The wrasses love finding all the pods and my sailfin munches the different algae.
They just multiply too quickly! I find tiny baby ones stuck to the glass in my 20. That's where I'd want to shove a bunch of nudis into and let them breed.
 
I rotate rocks out of the 3 tanks into the 110g and let the copperband go to town. The wrasses love finding all the pods and my sailfin munches the different algae.
They just multiply too quickly! I find tiny baby ones stuck to the glass in my 20. That's where I'd want to shove a bunch of nudis into and let them breed.
That's a really good idea to rotate the rocks!
 
Here we go!
FC1870D2-0387-4F47-BC41-1C37EED787CA.png
Working in Philly makes me have to cheer on Penn!

Meanwhile, it's almost time to go home. I'm tired and hungry and getting cranky.
1000010364.jpg

Im Not Mean Im Just Hungry GIF by LookHUMAN
 
Working in Philly makes me have to cheer on Penn!

Meanwhile, it's almost time to go home. I'm tired and hungry and getting cranky.
1000010364.jpg

Im Not Mean Im Just Hungry GIF by LookHUMAN
I’m Ohio State first and Big 10 second, Penn all the way. I, of course, love to see two Big Ten teams in the National Championship, it hasn’t happened before.
 
It's not possible to drink Heineken today in this cold weather :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
1000126387.jpg
12 year old single malt!!? Luis you need a drinking buddy right now.
 
Cap chilli peper ( a little sick because she caught a whitefly infestation )
1000126377.jpg


Leek ( I have already cut it twice for cooking )
1000126378.jpg


Coriander
1000126380.jpg


Clivia Miniata
1000126379.jpg
Bananas; grow faster please
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5217.jpeg
    IMG_5217.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5218.jpeg
    IMG_5218.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 42

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new