20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Can we play name that coral again? Its got short green fingers when it's not mad at me. Picture is from the day I got it and it's mad at me right now because I just glued it to a piece of rubble.
1000007671.jpg
Branching star polyp?
 
no kidding! wow! neat stuff! are you the one that had gotten some nifty grabbers you showed us awhile back?
Yes, and I love those things! I'll send some pics of the shelves when they come in too
 
Oh my gosh that are beautiful!
Thanks Amanda! It sounds like I need to place them in a lower area of the tank with lower light and mid to low flow. I got these from diyreefer, he's a member and his prices were extremely affordable. He also will replace your corals if lost due to shipping, even if it's not his fault.
 
Thanks Amanda! It sounds like I need to place them in a lower area of the tank with lower light and mid to low flow. I got these from diyreefer, he's a member and his prices were extremely affordable. He also will replace your corals if lost due to shipping, even if it's not his fault.
Does he have a website?
 
I've never snorkled before, but I'll have 3 days on island and plan on doing it all 3 days. It's a whole bunch of firsts for me on this trip!
Sea Swimming GIF by Skrz.cz

I'm ready for spring!!
Love the new profile pic!!
 
Can we play name that coral again? Its got short green fingers when it's not mad at me. Picture is from the day I got it and it's mad at me right now because I just glued it to a piece of rubble.
1000007671.jpg
But it is a hard or soft coral??
 
How can I tell?
When it was open and happy did you see the polyps move like a Lps or soft coral or they look like an acro or some sps?
 
When it was open and happy did you see the polyps move like a Lps or soft coral or they look like an acro or some sps?
They move I will get a video when it's happy again lol
 
This is his eBay seller info! Nice guy.
Screenshot_20250109_181601_eBay.jpg
Hopefully in the next few months I'll have a coral budget again!
However, berghias need to come first. 3 of my 5 tanks are overrun with aiptasia.
Rock Man GIF by 水沐柚子rainpomelo
 
Hopefully in the next few months I'll have a coral budget again!
However, berghias need to come first. 3 of my 5 tanks are overrun with aiptasia.
Rock Man GIF by 水沐柚子rainpomelo
Lol oh no! That's exactly what I should be buying too, I removed 3 or 4, now I have a nice aiptasia garden. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new