20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Who wants to give me stocking suggestions? I think I want to add a chocolate tang in honor of Jennifer and possibly one other tang but then I'm not sure what else. Here is what I currently have:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Springeri Damsel
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Tail Spot Blenny
Lawnmower Blenny
Zebra Bar Goby
Firefish Goby
Citron Clown Goby
Leopard Wrasse
if I could catch em, you can have my 2 damsels. they are so mean. You really don't see the blue as much against dark background. Was going to get a lemon peel but was told they were worse.
 
I have read royal grammar can be jerks or am I mistaken?
Mine is a model citizen, I wonder if people confuse them with dottybacks?
 
I'll do my very best! I found a little camera that I ran by Becky that should work really well for snorkeling. I plan on doing it every day that I'm there! I may not get out of the water.
girl swimming GIF
 
if I could catch em, you can have my 2 damsels. they are so mean. You really don't see the blue as much against dark background. Was going to get a lemon peel but was told they were worse.
Your Springer's are mean???
 
Your Springer's are mean???
one mostly hides and the other keeps hitting me if I put my hand in the tank or tweezers. they do chase the clowns away frequently. The Jawfish though is so friendly. it comes right over and wants to be pet.
 
one mostly hides and the other keeps hitting me if I put my hand in the tank or tweezers. they do chase the clowns away frequently. The Jawfish though is so friendly. it comes right over and wants to be pet.
Pictures of them?
 

Pictures of them?
I do have an orchid dotty too. Here is the damsel. That’s springer right? The jawfish is throwing so much sand around right now.

Look at the amount of sand with the clown. It’s like a constant snow globe sometimes.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5165.jpeg
    IMG_5165.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5172.jpeg
    IMG_5172.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 52
if I could catch em, you can have my 2 damsels. they are so mean. You really don't see the blue as much against dark background. Was going to get a lemon peel but was told they were worse.
I had two one picked on the other until it was no more. Doesn't bother the other fish at all just the other damsel.
 
wow orchid miss. sounds amazing. thats how i would be. i got to go to the marshall islands a few years back and i was that way. couldnt get done snorkeling. and that was before i had my saltwater tank. im sure now i would notice even more stuff! so incredible!. my husband got a bit frustrated with me because i wouldnt get out and kept going farther out:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: he hates water and i guess those waters are known for the sharks. i didnt see any!
 
I've never been anywhere off the continental US, and nowhere west of Dallas. This was a surprise trip and I can't wait.
 
I do have an orchid dotty too. Here is the damsel. That’s springer right? The jawfish is throwing so much sand around right now.

Look at the amount of sand with the clown. It’s like a constant snow globe sometimes.
Looks like a Springeri, yes. Could it be a real dark Blue Devil though?
 
I tried a different place today on advice of a patient.
35A1936F-DDFA-44EC-8137-EC54BC2C9672.jpeg
Oh man, you're making me hungry.
I forgot to bring lunch and I'm not done with my first patient until about 3:30, when I'm off to my next. I can stop somewhere quick in between.
 
Oh man, you're making me hungry.
I forgot to bring lunch and I'm not done with my first patient until about 3:30, when I'm off to my next. I can stop somewhere quick in between.
There is a guy in Ohio giving away free frags of Hunan beef and hot and sour soup! :zany-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new