20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I just stopped by someone's house today to pick up an orchid that they didn't want to put the effort into and thought it was dying. She'll be good as new soon.
1000010370.jpg
1000010371.jpg
 
Didn't know we has so many gardeners! I love gardening too! I'll have to try a chocolate tree... that's sounds cool!
 
I just stopped by someone's house today to pick up an orchid that they didn't want to put the effort into and thought it was dying. She'll be good as new soon.
1000010370.jpg
1000010371.jpg
I have a white orchid on a palm tree but it doesn't grow, any advice?
 
@00W How was your day my friend?
I'm OK Luis thanks for asking that's nice!
I'm having an issue with an employee so I have been sending him home early and finishing up for him.
It's tiring but nice not having him around all day.
Don't know where it's going exactly I'm sort of wimpy but this is a start.
 
Once or twice a week, just watering, I don't know how to give it food
You want to pay attention to the roots, they will tell you when it's time to water them.
If the roots are green, don't do anything. If they turn silvery, it's time to water. Use RODI water for best results. Since it's on a tree, I'd fill a spray bottle and soak the roots and surrounding area on the tree until the roots are green again, roughly once a week depending
 
Whats the group opinion? I ordered a overflow box from Modular Marine on sunday(started Friday but order was taken, invoice sent, payment confirmed, on sunday) and i haven't heard anything since. Mind you, I ordered a generic overflow box, but I modified it in the fact that I didn't want any holes between the box and tank drilled as I have to match them up to my existing holes. How long do I wait before asking for an update?
 
im sorry joel. thats rough. im a total wimp when it comes to confrontation. (usually ;)) hope youll soon be thru this!
wow orchid. i have forbidden myself from getting anymore orchids because i just kill them. every. time. you are very talented!
luis, care to elaborate on your story? sounds like a good one!
 
im sorry joel. thats rough. im a total wimp when it comes to confrontation. (usually ;)) hope youll soon be thru this!
wow orchid. i have forbidden myself from getting anymore orchids because i just kill them. every. time. you are very talented!
luis, care to elaborate on your story? sounds like a good one!
Thanks Jill!
I'm completely non confrontational but being the owner I have to look a lot stronger than I actually am and it's a hard situation I know we've all been in.
 
I'm OK Luis thanks for asking that's nice!
I'm having an issue with an employee so I have been sending him home early and finishing up for him.
It's tiring but nice not having him around all day.
Don't know where it's going exactly I'm sort of wimpy but this is a start.
23 years with employees, it’s not easy Joel!
 
Alright, i Am going to get a mango, and maybe dragon fruit from the store this weekend so I can try growing from seed! Maybe this will help my seasonal depression...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new