20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
It looks awful bare and gross. Been fighting cyanos and I wonder if maybe the beginning of dinos :disappointed-face:
1000004113.jpg
The joys of unwanted algea... I love the rock work.
 
If I get it I'm gonna probably get Hanna checkers if they ever come back in stock. What are you thinking?
I don't know. Hanna checkers are good but they've been out of stock for a while now and every time I ask about out of stock items they make it sound like they're not planning on restocking. It might just be that they don't know when stuff will be back in stock but it sounded more like they're not reordering a bunch of stuff they sell.
 
The joys of unwanted algea... I love the rock work.
Ty, I put a lot of work into it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: here is it new and clean! This time of day is hard to get a picture without a glare on it. As the baby is in a curtain pulling phase so there aren't any :grinning-face-with-sweat:
20240530_174811.jpg
 
Just thought I could get a sea hare, with a Hanna or no Hanna and I could get half of a cuc crew.
Shipping is $40 on live and dry is $50+ for free shipping. It would make the Hanna free, the sea hare free, and it would cover about half of the shipping for the sea hare most likely.

I will add - I've had a very bad experience with their live shipping recently as have several others that I chat with here in Reef2Reef. Sometimes it works out but it's seeming very low success rate recently.
 
Ty, I put a lot of work into it. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: here is it new and clean! This time of day is hard to get a picture without a glare on it. As the baby is in a curtain pulling phase so there aren't any :grinning-face-with-sweat:
20240530_174811.jpg
Did you make it? Or buy it?
 
My kids are excited, they want to go sledding, build a snowman, and all that fun stuff. Except I have multi-sport with my son in 1-hr and I think my wife is going to take our daughter to IKEA shopping for some bedroom furniture for her American Girl dolls.

And I want to go perusing for some encrusting corals, some high light and some low light ones.
 
I'm trying to get some more biodiversity in my tank so when kp aquatics starts selling live rock again I want to get 20 or 30 lbs and fit some in the tank/sump. I'm thinking of building something here
1000004114.jpg
 
My kids are excited, they want to go sledding, build a snowman, and all that fun stuff. Except I have multi-sport with my son in 1-hr and I think my wife is going to take our daughter to IKEA shopping for some bedroom furniture for her American Girl dolls.

And I want to go perusing for some encrusting corals, some high light and some low light ones.
I was supposed to go to Asheville to get some corals this weekend but I had to reschedule for next weekend because of the snow.
 
My kids are excited, they want to go sledding, build a snowman, and all that fun stuff. Except I have multi-sport with my son in 1-hr and I think my wife is going to take our daughter to IKEA shopping for some bedroom furniture for her American Girl dolls.

And I want to go perusing for some encrusting corals, some high light and some low light ones.
Wait, they sell corals at your IKEA??? Do you have to build them yourself or do they offer assembly?
 
I'm trying to get some more biodiversity in my tank so when kp aquatics starts selling live rock again I want to get 20 or 30 lbs and fit some in the tank/sump. I'm thinking of building something here
1000004114.jpg
Looks like a great place for a zoa garden.
 
Wait, they sell corals at your IKEA??? Do you have to build them yourself or do they offer assembly?
I heard they always have a few heads left over after assembling
 
My kids are excited, they want to go sledding, build a snowman, and all that fun stuff. Except I have multi-sport with my son in 1-hr and I think my wife is going to take our daughter to IKEA shopping for some bedroom furniture for her American Girl dolls.

And I want to go perusing for some encrusting corals, some high light and some low light ones.
Leptoseris for the low light win!
Screenshot_20250112_090447_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_090511_Gallery.jpg
 
I'm trying to get some more biodiversity in my tank so when kp aquatics starts selling live rock again I want to get 20 or 30 lbs and fit some in the tank/sump. I'm thinking of building something here
1000004114.jpg
I made most of mine with Aragocrete.
image.jpg

I've added a little more since this picture also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new