20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Beautiful fish, I had one and it was a jerk in the biocube 32, do you think it will do well here?
I had one in my previous reefing journey and it was a model citizen. Perhaps in a larger tank it will do better. Their color really pops.
 
I have never bought anything live for the tank online but for everything there is a first time ;) , the problem is that nobody is at my house until after 5pm regularly
What Amanda said or ask for a Saturday delivery.
 
Tailspot blenny
Royal Gramma
A coulpe of clown
Halichore Chrysus
Exquisite Wrasse
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
A couple of anthias
If it's me, I'm adding a Foxface - probably a One Spot. Maybe a Tomini tang or a small Bristletooth tang.
 
If it's me, I'm adding a Foxface - probably a One Spot. Maybe a Tomini tang or a small Bristletooth tang.
I have a tomini tang already but I really like the one spot foxface!!
 
If you decide to order one I have had success with ordering from saltwaterfish.com and they have a section that is reef safe Wrasse only.
Harlequin Tusk is one I’m waiting on.
 
The kids are always aggravated with me because I keep forgetting Bluey is a girl.
I only remember Blues Clue, I wonder what Steve is up to these days?
 
@luis angel
My #1 intern can you please catch me up!
What'd I miss?
Quiet day today
-Camden has not yet received a response on what he won
-Paul was cooking some Rotisserie mignon and faux chicken
-We were talking about peppers and Tim made a recommendation for red mushroom peppers which I added to my list
-Phil is drinking Modelo and watching paw patrol and unfortunately lost a torch yesterday
-We also talked about some fish I want to add to the tank
-Walker posted some pictures of the tank and a mangroove in the sump and is looking for a cleaner shrimp
-Amanda posted some pictures of some corals and did a tank cleanup
-Kevin heard a rumor that Tim had a twinspot goby
-I picked some peppers today, cooked some cod croquettes and am cleaning up the patio and Christmas stuff
I'm missing something but I don't know what it is
 
Quiet day today
-Camden has not yet received a response on what he won
-Paul was cooking some Rotisserie mignon and faux chicken
-We were talking about peppers and Tim made a recommendation for red mushroom peppers which I added to my list
-Phil is drinking Modelo and watching paw patrol and unfortunately lost a torch yesterday
-We also talked about some fish I want to add to the tank
-Walker posted some pictures of the tank and a mangroove in the sump and is looking for a cleaner shrimp
-Amanda posted some pictures of some corals and did a tank cleanup
-Kevin heard a rumor that Tim had a twinspot goby
-I picked some peppers today, cooked some cod croquettes and am cleaning up the patio and Christmas stuff
I'm missing something but I don't know what it is
Suzi left our thread because she wanted to reduce her social footprint after receiving threats on Facebook. You can still keep in touch on Rock Pool Reef Keepers.
 
Okay so I know I'm getting a solar fairy wrasse and mcoskers Flasher Wrasse, 100% in the future, maybe more if I can? I love them so much omg. I am also going to get a foxface for algae control, probably no tangs.
 
She hasn't responded to any of the conversations from Friday yet. I wouldn't worry. I won pods in the same giveaway and she hasn't responded, the guy that won the Tunze is still waiting for a response as well.
I feel like you win in nearly every giveaway.. how?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new