20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
@kevgib67 is your tailspot blenny ever affected by other bigger fish in the tank.
No, I added it with 6 very established fish, years, and the only one that gave it a tiny bit of trouble was the damsel when ever it would go into the GSP garden which the damsel had claimed. Only lasted a day or two and the tailspot could go into it and man, for a little fish he would stand his ground!
 
I feel like you win in nearly every giveaway.. how?
I win something every couple of months in general. I enter hundreds of giveaways each month and I'll win something either in here or Instagram every 3 or 4 months. Maybe 10-12 wins annually out of probably 3 or 4 thousand entered.
 
No, I added it with 6 very established fish, years, and the only one that gave it a tiny bit of trouble was the damsel when ever it would go into the GSP garden which the damsel had claimed. Only lasted a day or two and the tailspot could go into it and man, for a little fish he would stand his ground!
I'm thinking of tailspot, designer clown and a white tail bristletooth I want a sixth but it's gotta be a hidden gem of sorts.
 
What is it with Kevin and twin spots?
Kevin likes Tailspots, I prefer Twin Spots. You can actually have both together successfully.

Tailspots, Twinspots, and Tacos are the major theme of the Smorgasbord.
 
I'm thinking of tailspot, designer clown and a white tail bristletooth I want a sixth but it's gotta be a hidden gem of sorts.
You’ll love it!
 
Kevin likes Tailspots, I prefer Twin Spots. You can actually have both together successfully.

Tailspots, Twinspots, and Tacos are the major theme of the Smorgasbord.
Tacos?... The food?
 
I don't even know these names...

There's a list of names maybe Luis can share it again.

Ok, with the help of my intern mentor, here is a list to save and names can be added. Sorry if I miss someone
Joel is @00W
Kevin is @kevgib67
Tim is @tbrown
Frank is @fishguy242
Joseph or Jojo is @JoJosReef
Walker is @WalkerLovesTheOcean
Amanda is @Calmwaters
Rémi is @Remi
Parker is @Reef Devils
Lowell is @Lowell Lemon ( secret agent )
Ocean is @1ocean ( secret agent )
Xunhe is @John Doe
John is @kingranch2003
Lin is @Linlox
Will is @Fishy Guy
Jill is @smitten with ocean life
Paul is @BubblesandSqueak
Suzi is @OrchidMiss
Mike is @Nor'easter Reefer
Camden is @cdemoss01
Phil is @BrokenReefer
Becky is @Stang67
Bev is @LadyMac
I'm Luis Angel or Luis
 
I'm thinking of tailspot, designer clown and a white tail bristletooth I want a sixth but it's gotta be a hidden gem of sorts.
How about a Court Jester Goby?
 
I win something every couple of months in general. I enter hundreds of giveaways each month and I'll win something either in here or Instagram every 3 or 4 months. Maybe 10-12 wins annually out of probably 3 or 4 thousand entered.
Can you tag me in the giveaways please I always forget about them.
 
I'v
How about a Court Jester Goby?
I've seen them and I like how they look etc however I'm afraid my wrasse would give it crap
 
Can you tag me in the giveaways please I always forget about them.
I have a list. I try to tag everyone but I am only allowed one tag per day.
 
I'v

I've seen them and I like how they look etc however I'm afraid my wrasse would give it crap
Shouldn't. They inhabit different parts of the tank and eat different things.

I just bought a Hector's Goby yesterday. Similar but slightly different colors.

1000006167.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new