20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
87.50 8
It's more of a state-of-the-art mind than an actual thing. Everyone goes to bed and there are no thumbs cos anymore. So I just butcher the French language with Remi and listen told country music with Wes lol.

Speaking of which

 
Your English is fantastic. French is a very nuanced language that is harder to translate in my opinion. Remi you keep doing what you're doing my friend.
We make thing difficult lol, why words have to be female or male for the article. A car is female, a sofa is male. Why the sound O can be written o, au or eau. By the way eau is water. I don't speak about conjugating, I think Luis know as well.
 
Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell my button scoly, yesterday I took her out of the mushroom cage and she looked better than ever, 100% cured and super fluffy, but Beny decided that's the coral he likes and started nibbling on it again.
1000131153.jpg
Bad fish!
 
Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell my button scoly, yesterday I took her out of the mushroom cage and she looked better than ever, 100% cured and super fluffy, but Beny decided that's the coral he likes and started nibbling on it again.
1000131153.jpg
Oh man bummmer Luis dang brother that sucks
 
Okay smorgs who’s with me on doing the things your scared of until you are not scared of them anymore.
What scares you smorgs the most besides Smarglegarblord and his pesky cat!
Sound off Smorgs I can’t hear you!!
I want you to sound off like you got a pair!
Even you female Smorgs you just sing back up vocals
doowop doo doo wop
Do wop do eww eww ew ewe.
Yeah e a e ah
IMG_1544.jpeg
 
@luis angel , I was thinking the willow on a rock frag rack like John shown before could be nice? It could grow big without taking landscape on rocks
Sorry Rémi that I missed this one, the problem is that it is already attached to 2 parts of the rock lol, I can't move it anymore, I was thinking of changing the flow of the tank and that way I would get it to flow to the right instead of the left, I've been thinking for days how to do it but I'm afraid of affecting the other corals
 
Sorry Rémi that I missed this one, the problem is that it is already attached to 2 parts of the rock lol, I can't move it anymore, I was thinking of changing the flow of the tank and that way I would get it to flow to the right instead of the left, I've been thinking for days how to do it but I'm afraid of affecting the other corals
That sounds like a good plan to me.
 
We make thing difficult lol, why words have to be female or male for the article. A car is female, a sofa is male. Why the sound O can be written o, au or eau. By the way eau is water. I don't speak about conjugating, I think Luis know as well.
Spanish and English are so different lol, I spent 18 years of my life speaking only Spanish, in Spanish adjectives come after the noun and in English it's the other way around, If we go to the words in the past, present and future, it's also super different lol
 
@luis angel there is something drawing the fish to the coral. You have plenty of soft juicy corals in your tank. Sadly, and this is just my opinion, you have a coral nipper.

I'd target the tsb for removal instead of the coral.
Don’t listen to John Luis, he’s trying to get you kicked out of the Smorgasbord! Even if it went on a killing spree, fish, corals, inverts, your still better off having a tailspot only tank! ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new