20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I've lost plenty of livestock to both UPS and FedEx. I've also received plenty of of live, healthy livestock from both. USPS doesn't understand "fast" because they'd need to form 3 or 4 committees to figure out speeding it up and that takes too long and we're going to have to request (and have it authorized) an additional $10M in the upcoming fiscal budget to hire someone to run a cost analysis to see if it's even worth considering it.
So true Tim so true.
 
It’s a government agency, enough said. It needs to be turned over to the public sector so it can run efficiently and profitably. ( The following sentences are my own opinion and are not meant to offend or start an argument).
there we are quoting "public" again. I guess that's what happens when we go to public school!
 
Sometimes yes.
Acclimation on snails can be rough at times believe it or not .
Haven't bought any in years but when I did I always did the bucket/cup method.
I do the same acclimatization processes to inverts, fish and corals
 
there we are quoting "public" again. I guess that's what happens when we go to public school!
You know Paul, shouldn’t you be looking for a yellow lobster?
 
I do the same acclimatization processes to inverts, fish and corals
Good Luis!
Me just the inverts. Haven't bought a fish in a while.
My salinity is 1.030 so I actually killed a cleaner shrimp immediately once just dunking him in.... :crying-face:
 
Good Luis!
Me just the inverts. Haven't bought a fish in a while.
My salinity is 1.030 so I actually killed a cleaner shrimp immediately once just dunking him in.... :crying-face:
I just checked my salinity on both tanks. 1.026 big and 1.025 biocube. Probably been 6 weeks since I last checked. Actually I think before Christmas. surprisingly stable as long as the ATO doesn't run out. not a good practice but testing all the time gets to be cumbersome.
 
I just checked my salinity on both tanks. 1.026 big and 1.025 biocube. Probably been 6 weeks since I last checked. Actually I think before Christmas. surprisingly stable as long as the ATO doesn't run out. not a good practice but testing all the time gets to be cumbersome.
Yeah it really does.
Last time I checked it was 1.030 in the little tank so I did vacuum 1 gallon of water with yucky sand and just added ro.
It's down to 1.028 but it's the one thing I really never check.
It's easy too.
I just use a hydrometer I'm just lazy. :rolleyes:
 
I acclimate snails with the three points method.
From the bag to the tank! From downtown!! Bloop!
Season 9 Basketball GIF by The Office

Shooting Shoot Your Shot GIF


kobe bryant basketball GIF
Same... But don't follow my example people!

Screenshot_20240829-192818.png
 
Yeah it really does.
Last time I checked it was 1.030 in the little tank so I did vacuum 1 gallon of water with yucky sand and just added ro.
It's down to 1.028 but it's the one thing I really never check.
It's easy too.
I just use a hydrometer I'm just lazy. :rolleyes:
I've been using a refacto and have hydro as back up. Went out a while ago and bought a brand new Milwaukee and it's still in the package. :rolleyes: I do have a home brewing one that is automatic. It will work as long as algae doesn't build up on it. Just floats and send an electronic signal to my phone to check. It's called a Tilt hence it tilts a certain amount that detects SG.
 
wow, those look big.
Ones probably 1.5" and then the other one is probably 3". Definitely rehoming the 3" one after this annoying ugly phase is over. :face-with-rolling-eyes:
 
Yeah it really does.
Last time I checked it was 1.030 in the little tank so I did vacuum 1 gallon of water with yucky sand and just added ro.
It's down to 1.028 but it's the one thing I really never check.
It's easy too.
I just use a hydrometer I'm just lazy. :rolleyes:

I've been using a refacto and have hydro as back up. Went out a while ago and bought a brand new Milwaukee and it's still in the package. :rolleyes: I do have a home brewing one that is automatic. It will work as long as algae doesn't build up on it. Just floats and send an electronic signal to my phone to check. It's called a Tilt hence it tilts a certain amount that detects SG.
I been using this one for a while now, pretty accurate and easy to use, I have a refractometer too
1000131202.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new