20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Hey guys. Sorry took me awhile to catch up. I had school. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to have some fun with this thread especially when I get a tank hooked up to my Dad's system. Hoping to have a 40 gallon Predator tank with a Zebra Dwarf lion fish and a Frog fish
Welcome @Elphirwjz !
 
In my previous reefing experience I almost always had a cleaner wrasse. I loooove them. Mine would clean my hand every time I put it in the tank. If I made a fist and I let an opening with my index finger and thumb it would swim in and start cleaning. Perhaps it resembled a groupers mouth? When I got back in to reefing I asked the owners of my lfs, great ladies and they know my voice so I don’t have to identify myself when I call ( sorry Amanda, the complete opposite of what you have experienced) to order me one but I was told that the wouldn’t because they rarely survive shipping. I never mentioned this because I wanted it to be a surprise but I plan to make a huge upgrade this year , good bye 32g and welcome 35g, and I’ll find a way to get one.
 
In my previous reefing experience I almost always had a cleaner wrasse. I loooove them. Mine would clean my hand every time I put it in the tank. If I made a fist and I let an opening with my index finger and thumb it would swim in and start cleaning. Perhaps it resembled a groupers mouth? When I got back in to reefing I asked the owners of my lfs, great ladies and they know my voice so I don’t have to identify myself when I call ( sorry Amanda, the complete opposite of what you have experienced) to order me one but I was told that the wouldn’t because they rarely survive shipping. I never mentioned this because I wanted it to be a surprise but I plan to make a huge upgrade this year , good bye 32g and welcome 35g, and I’ll find a way to get one.
WOW a whole 3 gallon upgrade? That's quite impressive Kev.
 
Gooooid morning Smirgs!!
Man oh man do I have a lot going on!!!
But in a really positive good way!!
I’ll check back in later and let y’all know what is going on!
I hope y’all have fantastic day!!
Hoooah Smorgs!!!
IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1992.jpeg
IMG_1990.jpeg
IMG_1990.jpeg
IMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_1983.jpeg
IMG_1983.jpeg
 
After using it on a patient she was disposing it and accidentally it pricked her finger.
Thanks. It finally fell into place when Tim answered. Given I work in the field, I should have caught on quicker. :-)
 
WOW a whole 3 gallon upgrade? That's quite impressive Kev.
Ya, I thought so too. It will alow me to add 10-12 more fish. Besides the cleaner wrasse I want a lot of tangs! ;)
 
Kev, what's the deal? No drunken noodles?
IMG_5939.jpeg
Well after the success of my Tai Drunken noodles I decided to dip my toe into the commercial market along with some of my other Asian dishes.all homemade in my kitchen and my marketing and packaging team ( my family) worked hard to quickly get my products on the shelves.
 
How’s the pom pom crab doing Amanda?
It's doing good I still have it on the acclimation box until I can get the pico setup this weekend. I might avian set it up tonight if I have time and then move it over the weekend. I need to go up into our storage building and look for a filter. I was going to get one at the LFS yesterday but we all know how that went...
 
I may go one more time today because I really like the owners sister that runs the place. I don't think he will be there today he's normally only there when they get shipments in Tuesday.
 
Well after the success of my Tai Drunken noodles I decided to dip my toe into the commercial market along with some of my other Asian dishes.all homemade in my kitchen and my marketing and packaging team ( my family) worked hard to quickly get my products on the shelves.
Isn’t it “Thai” food? Maybe that’s why I can’t find it :zany-face:
 
I may go one more time today because I really like the owners sister that runs the place. I don't think he will be there today he's normally only there when they get shipments in Tuesday.
Noooooioi! It will just leed to dissapointment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new