20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience

I hope your in kn that! It'd be awesome if you won and sent us pictures :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Orlando is 4 hours away from me, so if I go to Orlando I have to go to Disney lol, so it would be a $2000 trip and now I can't, this year I plan to take Jason to Disney and on the way I plan to go through WWC and TSA
 
Orlando is 4 hours away from me, so if I go to Orlando I have to go to Disney lol, so it would be a $2000 trip and now I can't, this year I plan to take Jason to Disney and on the way I plan to go through WWC and TSA
Fair enough haha. Although, to be fair, living in maine, I'm doomed to drive 6+ hours if I ever wanted to go to anything cool like that, and that's for Connecticut frag market but I wknt make it I don't think. The kid can't go that long in the car and I don't want to drive that far by myself.
 
Fair enough haha. Although, to be fair, living in maine, I'm doomed to drive 6+ hours if I ever wanted to go to anything cool like that, and that's for Connecticut frag market but I wknt make it I don't think. The kid can't go that long in the car and I don't want to drive that far by myself.
going to be Story Land and Santas Village for you first.
 
Fair enough haha. Although, to be fair, living in maine, I'm doomed to drive 6+ hours if I ever wanted to go to anything cool like that, and that's for Connecticut frag market but I wknt make it I don't think. The kid can't go that long in the car and I don't want to drive that far by myself.
We have something here in Miami quite similar to Reefapaloza but on a smaller scale, it's called Skellyfest, there are raffles and they sell everything, we went this past year and we had a great time, we also have a couple of fragswaps a year
 
Fair enough haha. Although, to be fair, living in maine, I'm doomed to drive 6+ hours if I ever wanted to go to anything cool like that, and that's for Connecticut frag market but I wknt make it I don't think. The kid can't go that long in the car and I don't want to drive that far by myself.
6 is closer than me... I think I can drive to Anaheim or Texas so I'm looking at 10-12 or 20.
 
going to be Story Land and Santas Village for you first.
Yup haha although the wife has said she wants to bring him to the Boston Aquarium when he gets a little older!
 
6 is closer than me... I think I can drive to Anaheim or Texas so I'm looking at 10-12 or 20.
Fly out to bangor and we can drive to new York for reefapalooza lol
 
We have something here in Miami quite similar to Reefapaloza but on a smaller scale, it's called Skellyfest, there are raffles and they sell everything, we went this past year and we had a great time, we also have a couple of fragswaps a year

We have Coral Farmer's Market with 5-10 vendors total. That's our largest coral show in AZ.
 
I think that this has happened a few times. I think the whales natural instinct is to spit out anything much larger thank the drill they eat. I feel like I heard of another recent whale swallowing story. People fishing the bail balls the whales are hunting lol
Johna was swallowed by a whale!
 
Yup haha although the wife has said she wants to bring him to the Boston Aquarium when he gets a little older!
when you go Fragging in CT you can also go to Mystic Aquarium or Norwalk.
 
when you go Fragging in CT you can also go to Mystic Aquarium or Norwalk.
My wife and I went there in July when we were visiting my family in Westport and Southport.
 
We have something here in Miami quite similar to Reefapaloza but on a smaller scale, it's called Skellyfest, there are raffles and they sell everything, we went this past year and we had a great time, we also have a couple of fragswaps a year

That looks awesome! The closest we get was like 4 or 5 booths last year but a lot of people had similar corals... but, it was a new thing and will hopefully be better this year!
 
True, only adds a 6.5 hour flight...
Yea but you get a 7.5 hour drive to New York with me :face-with-tears-of-joy: think of how many questions I could ask haha
 
when you go Fragging in CT you can also go to Mystic Aquarium or Norwalk.
Mystic is cool, the Beluga whales there love interacting with little kids, it's really cool!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new