20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
So I did a thing…I made a garden. But no not a zoa garden or acan garden. I made a mastergrade rainbow trachy garden!

If anyone wants to learn terms you might see thrown around in coral names…

Ultra = min 3 colors
Rainbow = minimum 4 colors
Mastergrade = minimum 5 colors
CF35EC31-A3D6-40C6-98BA-5A17C5E9B5ED.jpeg


208BFEE7-49D0-41B4-A6F4-BE2D8DE0298E.jpeg


And had the pumps off to do some feeding and was able to get some food photos and wanted to share!

What’s everyone think of trachy garden? Is it better as a group or should they be spread out all around the tank ?

42C8EFDE-94AF-46C5-871F-D56C8E6FAB90.jpeg
0FCAC736-C3AA-472A-A82C-9C3F18567C62.jpeg
0F92314A-BDCC-4C00-B2C2-F06E745E9708.jpeg
4598AF87-1B1A-457A-85A7-3EC114E6D5F4.jpeg
F9638083-46DA-455A-B321-B014F49400BB.jpeg
5A3776CF-39A3-4E07-BC6F-86234EB2EF57.jpeg
EA5EBCAB-C079-476D-AAF9-A4CEEE30C83C.jpeg
E8880C1E-00D7-41CB-B020-DBCA0E2BCB02.jpeg
679E3882-8D96-4A7B-BB9B-E388428FD12C.jpeg
CB4CE315-5D69-4523-A75C-6CC600085289.jpeg
9BA90760-B49A-42B6-985F-5EEE167A44DB.jpeg
E66B827D-8BA6-48EA-B8DA-21F98FB96436.jpeg
526C4CD5-2CFC-4FF9-AB46-EC226815A51F.jpeg
6E877880-E3B5-4680-BAB2-2E29CAC1EA22.jpeg
69936F30-3EB6-4BD8-925E-44469E81B4F1.jpeg
19B3EAE7-8232-430C-968C-E21A9AC0BEB9.jpeg
They are all stunning no matter if they are all together or spread out.
 
What’s everyone think of trachy garden?
Love it, I agree with Amanda but I also love the idea of gardens and corals of the same type all together.
 
So I did a thing…I made a garden. But no not a zoa garden or acan garden. I made a mastergrade rainbow trachy garden!

If anyone wants to learn terms you might see thrown around in coral names…

Ultra = min 3 colors
Rainbow = minimum 4 colors
Mastergrade = minimum 5 colors
CF35EC31-A3D6-40C6-98BA-5A17C5E9B5ED.jpeg


208BFEE7-49D0-41B4-A6F4-BE2D8DE0298E.jpeg


And had the pumps off to do some feeding and was able to get some food photos and wanted to share!

What’s everyone think of trachy garden? Is it better as a group or should they be spread out all around the tank ?

42C8EFDE-94AF-46C5-871F-D56C8E6FAB90.jpeg
0FCAC736-C3AA-472A-A82C-9C3F18567C62.jpeg
0F92314A-BDCC-4C00-B2C2-F06E745E9708.jpeg
4598AF87-1B1A-457A-85A7-3EC114E6D5F4.jpeg
F9638083-46DA-455A-B321-B014F49400BB.jpeg
5A3776CF-39A3-4E07-BC6F-86234EB2EF57.jpeg
EA5EBCAB-C079-476D-AAF9-A4CEEE30C83C.jpeg
E8880C1E-00D7-41CB-B020-DBCA0E2BCB02.jpeg
679E3882-8D96-4A7B-BB9B-E388428FD12C.jpeg
CB4CE315-5D69-4523-A75C-6CC600085289.jpeg
9BA90760-B49A-42B6-985F-5EEE167A44DB.jpeg
E66B827D-8BA6-48EA-B8DA-21F98FB96436.jpeg
526C4CD5-2CFC-4FF9-AB46-EC226815A51F.jpeg
6E877880-E3B5-4680-BAB2-2E29CAC1EA22.jpeg
69936F30-3EB6-4BD8-925E-44469E81B4F1.jpeg
19B3EAE7-8232-430C-968C-E21A9AC0BEB9.jpeg
My tank wants to be your tank when it grows up lol
 
So I did a thing…I made a garden. But no not a zoa garden or acan garden. I made a mastergrade rainbow trachy garden!

If anyone wants to learn terms you might see thrown around in coral names…

Ultra = min 3 colors
Rainbow = minimum 4 colors
Mastergrade = minimum 5 colors
CF35EC31-A3D6-40C6-98BA-5A17C5E9B5ED.jpeg


208BFEE7-49D0-41B4-A6F4-BE2D8DE0298E.jpeg


And had the pumps off to do some feeding and was able to get some food photos and wanted to share!

What’s everyone think of trachy garden? Is it better as a group or should they be spread out all around the tank ?

42C8EFDE-94AF-46C5-871F-D56C8E6FAB90.jpeg
0FCAC736-C3AA-472A-A82C-9C3F18567C62.jpeg
0F92314A-BDCC-4C00-B2C2-F06E745E9708.jpeg
4598AF87-1B1A-457A-85A7-3EC114E6D5F4.jpeg
F9638083-46DA-455A-B321-B014F49400BB.jpeg
5A3776CF-39A3-4E07-BC6F-86234EB2EF57.jpeg
EA5EBCAB-C079-476D-AAF9-A4CEEE30C83C.jpeg
E8880C1E-00D7-41CB-B020-DBCA0E2BCB02.jpeg
679E3882-8D96-4A7B-BB9B-E388428FD12C.jpeg
CB4CE315-5D69-4523-A75C-6CC600085289.jpeg
9BA90760-B49A-42B6-985F-5EEE167A44DB.jpeg
E66B827D-8BA6-48EA-B8DA-21F98FB96436.jpeg
526C4CD5-2CFC-4FF9-AB46-EC226815A51F.jpeg
6E877880-E3B5-4680-BAB2-2E29CAC1EA22.jpeg
69936F30-3EB6-4BD8-925E-44469E81B4F1.jpeg
19B3EAE7-8232-430C-968C-E21A9AC0BEB9.jpeg
So much Smorgyness going on in there!
I love it!!
 
I introduced the new betta to the office tank today and so far he's been good and not chased any of the other fish. I was a little worried about putting him and the fancy guppies together but so far they are fine together he hasn't even flared up at them.
 

Attachments

  • 20250214_082128.jpg
    20250214_082128.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 26
I introduced the new betta to the office tank today and so far he's been good and not chased any of the other fish. I was a little worried about putting him and the fancy guppies together but so far they are fine together he hasn't even flared up at them.
beautiful jim carey GIF
 
I introduced the new betta to the office tank today and so far he's been good and not chased any of the other fish. I was a little worried about putting him and the fancy guppies together but so far they are fine together he hasn't even flared up at them.
Omg (That is oh my god for you older reefers) Amanda, those colors don’t even look like the could be real, absolutely stunning!
 
Omg (That is oh my god for you older reefers) Amanda, those colors don’t even look like the could be real, absolutely stunning!
Thank you! Here is the other one that I got with him that will be staying at home.
 

Attachments

  • 20250213_182241.jpg
    20250213_182241.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 52
Thank you! Here is the other one that I got with him that will be staying at home.
Wow the color morphs have changed so much since I was a kid and when I got some for my kids when they were young!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new