20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Creole is usually not ground so fine, bigger pepper flakes etc.
Cajun seasoning is usually ground incredibly fine.
I use it to blacken salmon, steak, etc.
Good to know! I always thought that they were the same.
 
Is it cooking with Kevin today? :star-struck:
What are you all cooking today? I think I'll make Fettuccine Alfredo, which is one of my wife's favorites. Another favorite is sushi, but I don't know how to do it lol. Maybe I'll change the salmon for shrimp or lobster.
 
Good to know! I always thought that they were the same.
Very similar.
Cajun will have more heat, creole,as far as I remember, will contain sugar, usually brown sugar.
 
What are you all cooking today? I think I'll make Fettuccine Alfredo, which is one of my wife's favorites. Another favorite is sushi, but I don't know how to do it lol. Maybe I'll change the salmon for shrimp or lobster.
I love Alfredo.
Used to make it to order for dinner years ago.
One of my favs.
Don't serve dinners anymore so occasionally I'll make it for the kids.
 
What are you all cooking today? I think I'll make Fettuccine Alfredo, which is one of my wife's favorites. Another favorite is sushi, but I don't know how to do it lol. Maybe I'll change the salmon for shrimp or lobster.
Wonder what Kev's making... :thinking-face:
 
Is it cooking with Kevin today? :star-struck:
Yes, this episode we will be heading to the deep south, stay tuned.
 
Cajun and Creole are slightly interchangeable, if you’re talking about blackening blends. Those are very much like a Nonna marinara (or gravy if you’re Northern Italian) - each family usually has a different spin on it.

Now if you’re taking about a “Cajun” spice versus a “Creole” spice blend, Cajun will be heavier on the cayenne pepper and more powdered (garlic powder, onion powder, etc) and Creole will be a bit on the savory side with a bigger granule (granulated garlic, dehydrated onion, etc).

Cajun blends are more used for grilling/blackening and Creole more so in stews, gumbos.

To add to what 00W has stated.
 
Cajun and Creole are slightly interchangeable, if you’re talking about blackening blends. Those are very much like a Nonna marinara (or gravy if you’re Northern Italian) - each family usually has a different spin on it.

Now if you’re taking about a “Cajun” spice versus a “Creole” spice blend, Cajun will be heavier on the cayenne pepper and more powdered (garlic powder, onion powder, etc) and Creole will be a bit on the savory side with a bigger granule (granulated garlic, dehydrated onion, etc).

Cajun blends are more used for grilling/blackening and Creole more so in stews, gumbos.

To add to what 00W has stated.
Well that was very informative, thank you!
 
What are you all cooking today? I think I'll make Fettuccine Alfredo, which is one of my wife's favorites. Another favorite is sushi, but I don't know how to do it lol. Maybe I'll change the salmon for shrimp or lobster.
My husband is going to grill me a steak which is one of my favorites.
 
Yes, this episode we will be heading to the deep south, stay tuned.
will it be a pile of crawdads? or maybe some type of gumbo?
will there be any Voodoo involved?
Is it me or does it look like Alf is sticking Kev?
1980s tv 80s GIF by absurdnoise
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new