20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
So I did a thing…I made a garden. But no not a zoa garden or acan garden. I made a mastergrade rainbow trachy garden!

If anyone wants to learn terms you might see thrown around in coral names…

Ultra = min 3 colors
Rainbow = minimum 4 colors
Mastergrade = minimum 5 colors
CF35EC31-A3D6-40C6-98BA-5A17C5E9B5ED.jpeg


208BFEE7-49D0-41B4-A6F4-BE2D8DE0298E.jpeg


And had the pumps off to do some feeding and was able to get some food photos and wanted to share!

What’s everyone think of trachy garden? Is it better as a group or should they be spread out all around the tank ?

42C8EFDE-94AF-46C5-871F-D56C8E6FAB90.jpeg
0FCAC736-C3AA-472A-A82C-9C3F18567C62.jpeg
0F92314A-BDCC-4C00-B2C2-F06E745E9708.jpeg
4598AF87-1B1A-457A-85A7-3EC114E6D5F4.jpeg
F9638083-46DA-455A-B321-B014F49400BB.jpeg
5A3776CF-39A3-4E07-BC6F-86234EB2EF57.jpeg
EA5EBCAB-C079-476D-AAF9-A4CEEE30C83C.jpeg
E8880C1E-00D7-41CB-B020-DBCA0E2BCB02.jpeg
679E3882-8D96-4A7B-BB9B-E388428FD12C.jpeg
CB4CE315-5D69-4523-A75C-6CC600085289.jpeg
9BA90760-B49A-42B6-985F-5EEE167A44DB.jpeg
E66B827D-8BA6-48EA-B8DA-21F98FB96436.jpeg
526C4CD5-2CFC-4FF9-AB46-EC226815A51F.jpeg
6E877880-E3B5-4680-BAB2-2E29CAC1EA22.jpeg
69936F30-3EB6-4BD8-925E-44469E81B4F1.jpeg
19B3EAE7-8232-430C-968C-E21A9AC0BEB9.jpeg
I'm on team, pile em up
 
start gluing the tongue depressors together.
hope it goes well.
I asked the phlebotomist, she is older than me if you can believe that, to be my Valentine and she said yes so at least there’s that.
 
will it be a pile of crawdads? or maybe some type of gumbo?
will there be any Voodoo involved?
Is it me or does it look like Alf is sticking Kev?
1980s tv 80s GIF by absurdnoise
You weren’t on here yet when I made gumbo! Scroll way way back.
 
I do really like some acan lords haha. That said, I've got an acan echinata waiting for me at cultivated reef that was fragged not this weekend but the one before. Slightly different but at least I do have one coming :grinning-face-with-sweat:
Aren't those aggressive? Beautiful coral
 
Creole is usually not ground so fine, bigger pepper flakes etc.
Cajun seasoning is usually ground incredibly fine.
I use it to blacken salmon, steak, etc.
Creole dishes are more tomato friendly too. Creole gumbo has tomatoes.
 
Last edited:
Aren't those aggressive? Beautiful coral
I believe so, but I'll find a nice spot for it and have my acan lords as well :grinning-face-with-sweat: im getting a good enough deal that I can trade the colony for something really nice later on if it becomes a problem
 
My daughter made some TexMex today:

1000006451.jpg
I need to get me a daughter that cooks like that! I’m trying to figure out what the two things are next to the orange slices?
 
I need to get me a daughter that cooks like that! I’m trying to figure out what the two things are next to the orange slices?
Unfortunately they're pear like slices. Not my favorite but I ate them anyway.
 
Giddy up, here we go! I’ll to make you proud @ShakeyGizzard .
4A813F85-AB16-40FF-BBDB-C9EFAFB46C06.jpeg
1000006096.jpg

For lol a second I thought this was a wad of hamburger either cheese stuck in it. Was very confused as to why Kevin had one cheesey meatball
 
I need to get me a daughter that cooks like that! I’m trying to figure out what the two things are next to the orange slices?
How many servings did you have? Maybe I'm a fatty but my wife does this to me sometimes and I'm like "where's the rest of the meal?" :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
Finished product, I had to substitute a spicy smoky cajun sausage as I couldn’t find the conecuh sausage. Thanks for sharing the recipe @ShakeyGizzard ot will be on rotation at my house!
5F2B283E-0968-4536-A9E9-5C18DF04AC4F.jpeg
 
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.
 
I am around and watching/monitoring the threads, just not interacting a ton.
 
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.
Flu, rsv, and covid are running rampant right now again. Be sure you rest and get plenty of fluids. We have had two children die from the flu already this year.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new