20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.
I ended up getting an asthmatic bronchitis. Still recovering. Well, from that. Everyone around here is getting it this year.
 
Flu, rsv, and covid are running rampant right now again. Be sure you rest and get plenty of fluids. We have had two children die from the flu already this year.
Coffee counts as fluids?
 
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.
I’m praying for a quick recovery, hang in there, it seems to be going around here as well.
 
As far as rest, Wednesday night and last night I I was in bed around 6:30 and slept until 7 yesterday and 9 this morning.
 
Yeah, my wife got it first, then my son, then my daughter and I got hit about the same time. I've had the fevers but not high. Wife and kids were more in their sinuses, mine went to the chest and more or less skipped the sinuses which is good because frequently I get sinus infections.
 
I think if its decaf.
I can barely drink coffee right now actually, no appetite and coffee just doesn't hit right. BUT I drink it to keep the headaches limited to just the flu stuff and not withdrawals.
 
I can barely drink coffee right now actually, no appetite and coffee just doesn't hit right. BUT I drink it to keep the headaches limited to just the flu stuff and not withdrawals.
yeah, my doctors tell me to drink coffee if I get a headache now. Faster than Tylenol. I tend to drink gatorade a lot now.
 
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.

I am around and watching/monitoring the threads, just not interacting a ton.
Rest and I hope you feel better soon my friend
 
yeah, my doctors tell me to drink coffee if I get a headache now. Faster than Tylenol. I tend to drink gatorade a lot now.
I used to use Pepsi to get rid of migraines but coffee (black) is way healthier for me than soda so I've resorted to black coffee daily - sometimes a few a day.

My doctor said I can drink 3 or 4 a day and be fine as long as I'm not using a lot of cream and sugar (sorry @JoJosReef ).
 
I don't know if I told you all (pretty sure I didn't) but I'm quiet right now because I'm pretty sure I'm down with the flu. Fevers and coughs. I'll live but sometimes it doesn't feel like it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I'm not ignoring you all (sorry Kev, this includes you) but I'm not posting a lot these past couple of days.
We all have to ignore Kevin sometimes :grinning-face-with-sweat: just kidding @kevgib67 we love you :winking-face-with-tongue:
But here i was this whole time thinking we were feuding!
steve buscemi people to kill GIF
 
Flu, rsv, and covid are running rampant right now again. Be sure you rest and get plenty of fluids. We have had two children die from the flu already this year.
My son has given me a couple colds, the flu and rsv since he started going to the day care room at my wife's work on Jan 1st... I have spent maybe 4 days not sick this year...
 
I used to use Pepsi to get rid of migraines but coffee (black) is way healthier for me than soda so I've resorted to black coffee daily - sometimes a few a day.

My doctor said I can drink 3 or 4 a day and be fine as long as I'm not using a lot of cream and sugar (sorry @JoJosReef ).
I been drinking earl gray tea and honey a lot lately. Coffee in the morning but after noon I do the tea
 
I would say yes but my doctor would say no....
.
Good Morning Drinking GIF by University of Phoenix
I think I saw at video that technically coffee is just as good at hydrating as most of these "sports drinks" but who knows if that's really true
 
I think I saw at video that technically coffee is just as good at hydrating as most of these "sports drinks" but who knows if that's really true
It's 85% water. Drink it black and it's actually somewhat good for you as long as you don't overdo it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new