20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience

I love how involved your kids are! My youngest son, when he was 2 or three years old, fed my fish while I was at work and his grandmother was watching him, so I wouldn’t have to when I got home. I about fell on the floor when I walked up to my tank and saw about a dozen grapes in my tank.
 
There were a lot of big clumps of bubble algae floating around. I asked Kent if he wanted to net it out. As soon as he said yes all four youngest wanted to get in on it. Fortunately I have 4 nets... Good thing I isn't toss the holey one.

20250215_122244.jpg
 
There were a lot of big clumps of bubble algae floating around. I asked Kent if he wanted to net it out. As soon as he said yes all four youngest wanted to get in on it. Fortunately I have 4 nets... Good thing I isn't toss the holey one.

20250215_122244.jpg
Thats alot of bubble algae!
 
I think you need to hone in your photography skills, I didn’t think anyone could make a royal gramma look washed out and bland. ;) Love it!
I'm reading a little getting some info because I'm thinking of getting a camera.
 
There were a lot of big clumps of bubble algae floating around. I asked Kent if he wanted to net it out. As soon as he said yes all four youngest wanted to get in on it. Fortunately I have 4 nets... Good thing I isn't toss the holey one.

20250215_122244.jpg
I know just about everything is in Oregon but is bubble algae legal to have in your possession?
 
I know just about everything is in Oregon but is bubble algae legal to have in your possession?
It was legal in my tank until I got the emerald crab you recommend Kevin. He DEVOURED it, and keeps it gone. Great addition. He's in the middle above the red Cynarina.
20250215_164113.jpg
 
It was legal in my tank until I got the emerald crab you recommend Kevin. He DEVOURED it, and keeps it gone. Great addition. He's in the middle above the red Cynarina.
20250215_164113.jpg
I’m glad it did the job! I got my first one in the late nineties for that very reason and it did the job as well. I have three in-my tank now, I think, I never see them all at the same time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new