20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Drilling refugium
 

Attachments

  • 20250215_135054.jpg
    20250215_135054.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20250215_135659.jpg
    20250215_135659.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20250215_135702.jpg
    20250215_135702.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 17
Not sure what year we are doing, but I can give you decades of the rock I have enjoyed, I am a Johnny Cash fan, he is about the only country I listen to. Country now a days isn't worth listening to
 
Not sure what year we are doing, but I can give you decades of the rock I have enjoyed, I am a Johnny Cash fan, he is about the only country I listen to. Country now a days isn't worth listening to
You got that right.
 
@luis angel I'm trying to make up for last night.

Flounder filets over angel hair pasta, with a white whine butter sauce and a Breadcrum parmasean cheese and wilted spinach crumble. 20250215_182335.jpg
 
Progress
 

Attachments

  • 20250215_143210.jpg
    20250215_143210.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20250215_152347.jpg
    20250215_152347.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 24
Not sure what year we are doing, but I can give you decades of the rock I have enjoyed, I am a Johnny Cash fan, he is about the only country I listen to. Country now a days isn't worth listening to
I listen to a lot of older country, but I agree with you about the vast majority of modern country.
 
Last edited:
Not sure what year we are doing, but I can give you decades of the rock I have enjoyed, I am a Johnny Cash fan, he is about the only country I listen to. Country now a days isn't worth listening to
 
@luis angel I'm trying to make up for last night.

Flounder filets over angel hair pasta, with a white whine butter sauce and a Breadcrum parmasean cheese and wilted spinach crumble. 20250215_182335.jpg
I bet it tastes delicious!!!
 
While we've got you on the subject that Tim, what's your opinion on these? More red and purple. I bought it as bubblegum, both are similar, I'm just curious
Screenshot_20250215_175816_Gallery.jpg
20250215_174413.jpg
If the flesh is purple, it's a Bubblegum, if the flesh is green it's a Forest Fire, if the flesh and polyps are red it's an Orange.
 
I listen to a lot of older country, bit I agree with you about the vast majority of modern country.
I only listen to the more modern Christian rock, older Christian Ska, or old country.
 
I only listen to the more modern Christian rock, older Christian Ska, or old country.
How you feel today Tim, you’ve been on a lot more so I’m assuming better or hoping ?
 
How you feel today Tim, you’ve been on a lot more so I’m assuming better or hoping ?
Not feverish but I'm sneezing and my nose is running like crazy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new