20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
yes.. thanks...I need it to forget and relax.... THKX for the chat ... I really do not chat much...with anyone...live in a box...
Well I'm here anytime you want to chat!
 
That reminds me of a book series by David Baldacci called, "The Camel Club", that is about a group of guys and gals that TRY to retire from a similar style of profession. If you're a reader, you might like them.
I will have to look that one up! I love to read and that sounds good.
 
Good good! My son is sick, projectile vomited on my wife last night lol so spent some time washing the carpet. Thankfully his fever broke today... Fingers crossed rest of us don't get it.

Otherwise shopping for the wife, need to make up for a self purchase 🤣

How about you?
Hope your little one recovers quickly! And now we need to know what you purchased that requires shopping for your wife especially if it's tank related...
 
You're doing your part right! Kids have to get dirty. Eventually they will have to wear shoes everyday. Let em be kids!
I agree with this statement! I love seeing kids outside being kids instead of with their eyes glued to a tablet or phone.
 
Thank you, I've honestly never seen one like it. I tried gonis so many times, I just gave up on them. Alvie time baby!
There is a food specifically for gonis by a company called two little fishes. I have fed it mixed in with reef roids a couple of times a week. I don't know if that's why my gonis are doing well but you could try it.

Two Little Fishies ATLGP1RTG... Amazon product ASIN B0097NSP30
 
There finally caught up. Lol you guys were chatty last night after I went to bed. Lol Good morning everyone! Hope you have an amazing day!
Good Morning Gm GIF by Zypto
Good morning Peanut! After an hour of reading your and Rumple’s conversation last night it made my heart happy to have seen you two our your differences aside and you both bonding last night!
horse GIF
 
Good morning Peanut! After an hour of reading your and Rumple’s conversation last night it made my heart happy to have seen you two our your differences aside and you both bonding last night!
horse GIF
You know me always the peace maker even when there is no need for it... ROFL
 
What fun stuff do you have planned for the day @kevgib67
Hmmmmm, well actually my wife hasn’t told me. I’m sure it will involve Sun, water, food and alcohol, I’ll keep you updated as it unfolds
 
Oh Amanda, thanks for the camera suggestion, I’ve spent 15-20 every morning watching my tank . It reassures me all is well!
IMG_1790.png
 
Hmmmmm, well actually my wife hasn’t told me. I’m sure it will involve Sun, water, food and alcohol, I’ll keep you updated as it unfolds
Sounds like a great day!!!
 
Oh Amanda, thanks for the camera suggestion, I’ve spent 15-20 every morning watching my tank . It reassures me all is well!
IMG_1790.png
I'm so very happy it's giving you peace of mind my friend!!!
 
That reminds me of a book series by David Baldacci called, "The Camel Club", that is about a group of guys and gals that TRY to retire from a similar style of profession. If you're a reader, you might like them.
thanks I will... Yep I read...reading leadership and self-deception- coming out of the box....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new