20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
it makes me wonder though how stuff is received at Petco and other LFS during transport. ?
That is a valid concern to have.
If it had just thawed and not been above temp for all that time I probably wouldn't worry about it. When my new fridge went out, I had to put all my frozen fish food into an ice chest. They all thawed, but were on ice. I just froze them again.
 
cool, went and pulled camera cards to check for bear and have this picture. None other of him, and have never seen a drop tine around this area. Wish I had one of the whole deer.....

IMG_0201.JPG
Nice rack Linlox! I apologize in advance if that sounds inappropriate. We haven't met...
 
Exactly! I wouldn't even use that as catfish bait, not that they'd eat it either! Makes my liver hurt just looking at that...
Heyo Rock!
1790874582664.gif
 
Does it risk introducing a concentrated amount of bacteria from the decay that it may cause a biome shift over the next few weeks? The crabs and snails may devour it so fast it wouldn't matter though.... Probably enough stuff rotting in our tanks that it wouldn't matter.

Ugh, dog just rolled in Bear scat, great, now I have to give him a bath later. Love how he got the pile to just stick to him. Glad he had his vest on, its bear season and I guess there is one hiding on the property now.
20261001_103917.jpg
Good morning Lin!
cheese head lol GIF by Chipotle Mexican Grill
 
That is a valid concern to have.
If it had just thawed and not been above temp for all that time I probably wouldn't worry about it. When my new fridge went out, I had to put all my frozen fish food into an ice chest. They all thawed, but were on ice. I just froze them again.
I have a 72 hours freezer at home with one of those freeze thaw cubes. I also have a low temp alarm on it. so never an issue for my own stuff. just what "other" outside forces happen. our supermarket here doesn't have back up generators. so every time the power goes out, the next day they have all the crime scene tape throughout the fridge and freezer sections and disposing of it all. they just safe the high cost meats to the freezer trailer. been going on for many many years. cheaper to write off. you'd think just have a giant town cook off.
 
Nice rack Linlox! I apologize in advance if that sounds inappropriate. We haven't met...
Kicking the door open! That's how you make an entrance Rock, lol Good afternoon brother!
 
I have a 72 hours freezer at home with one of those freeze thaw cubes. I also have a low temp alarm on it. so never an issue for my own stuff. just what "other" outside forces happen. our supermarket here doesn't have back up generators. so every time the power goes out, the next day they have all the crime scene tape throughout the fridge and freezer sections and disposing of it all. they just safe the high cost meats to the freezer trailer. been going on for many many years. cheaper to write off. you'd think just have a giant town cook off.
I will say that after seeing mine thawed and re frozen, they look completely different after those things happen to the product. The water settles away from the solids, the package shrinks, foil cracks etc. Im not saying there couldn't be some mishandling, but no way they'd fool everyone with something that big, but I've been wrong before
 
cool, went and pulled camera cards to check for bear and have this picture. None other of him, and have never seen a drop tine around this area. Wish I had one of the whole deer.....

IMG_0201.JPG
He has some cool kickers and nice palmetto growth on his antlers. What a beautiful deer!
 
Good Morning Peeps!

question, yesterday I bought frozen mysis cubes. just remembered they are still in the car. popped them in the freezer. would you still use these or do they go to the trash? it was 22 hours in a insulated bag but yes. no longer frozen.
If they were completely thawed I think I would toss them because of the length of time they may have been thawed. Here, it is very difficult to get frozen mysis home from most of our LFSs without at least partial thawing even in bags inside a styrofoam cooler. If they have been thawed for only an hour os so I generally refreeze them but any longer and they go in the trash.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new