20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
He looks like someone I'd be good friends with and could probably call at midnight for help. What a beautiful couple with love in their eyes. This is the good stuff.
Yes he is that kind of guy just like I'm that kind of gal. We both love helping people when we can. He's truly one of my biggest blessings in life. We both had given up on finding love and where just looking for someone to hang out with when a mutual friend introduced us. I told myself I never wanted to love someone so completely like my momma and daddy loved each other because I seen what it did to her when she lost her other half. But then I found him and I honestly don't know what I will do if he goes before I do. We met in 2016 got married in 2017 and he's my world.
 
With all these soul mate posts, I have to jump in.

I met my wife in Sunday school when we were 13. She was the first girl I ever loved and it was immediate. We tried to pretend like we were just best friends for our teen years, then I let her go off to college, without telling her I loved her.

I dont have Facebook so I had no communication with her for almost 15 years. Every time I saw a full moon, or heard a certain song I'd think about her. Every time I convinced myself I was interested in someone else... I thought about her.

One night I took a date to a local place for drinks and she was there. I never thought I'd see her again, but she was there that night. I later found out she was only in town for two weeks before she planned to move to Seattle.

Do I believe in fate? You're dang right I do. I had a 2 week window before I lost her again forever and I found her. Thank God.
I wouldn't be this far, and wouldn't have my boys without this lady.

Screenshot_20261011_001500_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000324_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000359_Photos.jpg
Oh my gosh what an amazing love story! You guys look so cute together!
 
I have had them with quite a few sps and lps. No problems so far.

As far as acclimating I go SLOW! If you get females they almost always have babies pretty quickly. The babies grow up really healthy born in saltwater. Once in the display babies seldom survive. I enjoy watching them. I have dalmation, silver and orange ones. At the clinic they get asked about the mollies all the time.

This is all I have now. Little guy went under the rock to hide. So I left him in the dark to settle.



IMG_6832.jpeg

IMG_6833.jpeg
Morning Shelley !
 
I went back and looked at the pictures of my collected, hurricane salt water. And I realized, it looks like absolute coffee! What the heck was I thinking? Even the gulf itself looks black 😆

Screenshot_20261011_030119_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_030134_Gallery.jpg


However, as soon as I dumped the water into the tank, almost every coral extended or responded positively. The scolys and dendros lost their minds!

20261010_183723.jpg


I realize it was a bit risky, and maybe I put something in there that will pop up later, but right now the tank looks wonderful.

Screenshot_20261011_030208_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_030214_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_030224_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_030239_Gallery.jpg


I have fought cyano, GHA, aiptasia, extremely high P04, and Brown jelly disease in the last 4 months alone. The tank is now free from all of those issues.

Screenshot_20261011_030318_Gallery.jpg



These were my methods:
Cyano: Microbacter CLEAN and Coral snow
Aiptasia: Berghia
GHA: Sea Hare. Corrected long term by using NSW for water changes
P04: NSW. That was the only change made. The volume of water changed was actually cut by 50%
BJD: Removed affected corals. I did not want to use cipro in case it would have an effect on the newly established, and hard earned microbiome
Amazing results my friend! However if your coffee looks like that you need to come here and let me make you a good cup of coffee. That at best looks like a watered down cup of tea... ROFL
 
Awww it’s 4am and I am feeding the kid and reading all of these posts 🥲
I remember those feeding times it was always so peaceful in the house sug just the little noises my boys made while eating.
 
There now I'm caught up it's time for a second cup of coffee! I loved reading all the love stories it made my heart happy this morning! Thank you all for sharing them! Good morning Smorgasbord family I hope your day is filled with happiness and peace today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new