1 Gallon PICO Desktop Tank

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am starting a new tank up after having no tank for about 5 months. I missed it and wanted something small and challenging so what better than a 1 gallon tank!

Hardware:

Tank: PNW Custom Small-In-One - 1 gallon AIO acrylic tank that has a whopping footprint of 8 inches x 6 inches x 6 inches.
Light: Included 10w light that comes with the PNW tank (for now, Im thinking of getting the reefbreeder or something)
Heater: Generic nano heater connected to an Ink Bird
ATO: Duetto ATO

Live stock:

planned
Fish/Inverts: I plan on having sexy shrimp or two and maybe some snails to start. I will also be considering adding a nano goby from Biota as they partner with PNW to offer a nano goby for these tiny pico tanks. I am unsure how I feel about any fish in this size tank but we will see.
Coral: I want a lot of cool coral. To start I will go with zoas and see from there. I am not trying to spend to much on this tank so might make use of some sales on here to add some other corals.

I am really looking forward to starting this build. I miss not having something and the ability to have this on my desk will be really nice. I am excited to see how this tiny tank turns out and will be keeping y'all posted all the time. It will be a challenge to keep such a small tank running healthily but I am up for the task. I will be quick starting it with turbo quick-start as that has worked wonders for me in the past.

Currently, the tank is in transit and will arrive Monday. I have been working on an aquascape and will have the setup with water on Monday. I will be adding corals and the sexy shrimp soon after. The first pictures will be coming Monday!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back