$10 BRS Codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entitlement is absolutely palpable in here :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Want to really stick it to BRS? Buy a salt, use your $10 code and get free shipping since it is/was at $35 instead of the $49. Even at $49 you can still hit that with salt. It WILL cost them money to take the order! Yeah, take that big bad BRS!!!

But the vast majority of you won't.
What is the expression...no good deed? :D I hope no one does this even if this giveaway is a bunch of marketing gimmickry, they are still a pretty decent vendor.

My only real issue I have with what they are doing is that they are crushing the mom and pops (PremiumAquatics and Saltwateraquarium). They just cannot compete with these types of promotions. I would imagine that this promotion does have an unstated purpose of driving those guys out like Modern Aquarium (or was it marine depot...i forget)

gregdepot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the expression...no good deed? :D I hope no one does this even if this giveaway is a bunch of marketing gimmickry, they are still a pretty decent vendor.

My only real issue I have with what they are doing is that they are crushing the mom and pops (PremiumAquatics and Saltwateraquarium). They just cannot compete with these types of promotions. I would imagine that this promotion does have an unstated purpose of driving those guys out like Modern Aquarium (or was it marine depot...i forget)
I did get some meds for free during this since they were expired (only by 2 weeks), so kind of a free perk I agree they are a decent vendor.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

No good deed….spot on

It doesn’t matter how much someone spends, BRS is losing a minimum of $10 (retail) plus shipping on 99.9% of orders.

It isn’t BRS’ job to keep someone else in business. The other retailers can hire someone to start them a YT channel, IG channel etc. It’s 2022, no excuse for not having a marketing strategy in place to grow. I love Premium Aquatics and use them for all my halide stuff but if they fail because BRS gave away free stuff, they were going to fail anyway.

Marine Depot being sold is a prime example of poor ownership. I may or may not know more about that situation than most though

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done dozens of orders from BRS since they started this a year or two ago. It’s always $10 gift cards only. I was disappointed at first but now have zero expectations. The odds are pretty terrible tbh lol. Closer to the playing Powerball than a scratch off ticket. I’ll order only what I need across BRS, Saltwater aquariums, and premium aquatics for the standard vendor 10-15% off.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bummer about this huge “giveaway” push is we all pay for it the other 50 weeks of the year. Anyone remember how 2 part went up like 15 bucks this year?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good deed….spot on

It doesn’t matter how much someone spends, BRS is losing a minimum of $10 (retail) plus shipping on 99.9% of orders.

It isn’t BRS’ job to keep someone else in business. The other retailers can hire someone to start them a YT channel, IG channel etc. It’s 2022, no excuse for not having a marketing strategy in place to grow. I love Premium Aquatics and use them for all my halide stuff but if they fail because BRS gave away free stuff, they were going to fail anyway.

Marine Depot being sold is a prime example of poor ownership. I may or may not know more about that situation than most though
But BRS is not giving away the free stuff...the underling companies are. That is the rub. PA and SWA are not getting the same considerations from these companies as they do not have the size. I agree that it is not BRS's job to keep competitors in business. I guess my concern goes back to the pre-MAP thinking..that competition is a good thing and without competition we are going to be paying higher prices because there is no check on how much a singular company can raise prices. With MAP pricing, which vendor you get it from is probably a non event regarding competition. Meh...i bought from BRS this year too..so i guess it is not that big of a concern for me.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't order much at all from BRS as a small business owner I support other small businesses when and where I can. I did order a skimmer last year because SWA doesn't carry that brand. Two weeks after the warranty expired of course the pump went out which alone lists at a little over $300 and they sent me a new one no issues under warranty. So there's that. They didn't even ask for the other one back. Another reason I prefer SWA is they don't charge sales tax. I'm assuming it's a location thing. Yea it's not much on every order but it adds up to a couple hundred bucks over the year. Better than a $10 coupon. Plus I have a cabinet full of SWA beer and shot glasses that always come in handy and enough fritz glass cleaner to last a couple years.lol

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay tuned I have sev
The entitlement is absolutely palpable in here :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Want to really stick it to BRS? Buy a salt, use your $10 code and get free shipping since it is/was at $35 instead of the $49. Even at $49 you can still hit that with salt. It WILL cost them money to take the order! Yeah, take that big bad BRS!!!

But the vast majority of you won't.
has nothing to do with entitlements at all it’s the fact that they are giving you something and then there is nothing there. I am cool as hell with a towel or tshirt. I have spent a lot of money with them so tell you you are getting something and then not follow through with that is not right

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwateraquarium.com gave me $10 off via rewards points and I didn't even have to buy anything. They sent me an email telling me about the points. I also got a $10 code from BRS but had to make a purchase. I'm starting to shop at saltwateraquarium.com and premium aquatics. Premium hasn't charged sales tax either which can be huge on big ticket items. I still use brs but they are no longer my go to store. Screenshot_20221130-080321_Chrome.jpg

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwateraquarium.com gave me $10 off via rewards points and I didn't even have to buy anything. They sent me an email telling me about the points. I also got a $10 code from BRS but had to make a purchase. I'm starting to shop at saltwateraquarium.com and premium aquatics. Premium hasn't charged sales tax either which can be huge on big ticket items. I still use brs but they are no longer my go to store. Screenshot_20221130-080321_Chrome.jpg
I am with you saltwater gave me coupon code to and premium used to be my go to back in the day so I’ll be going back my girlfriend took one look at the brs thing and said it’s a thing to get people to buy more she is a manager of a large hotel and does the same sales tactic I have 5 boxes coming today stand by for what’s in them I hope they make me eat my words but I doubt it

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shop at all 3 =). Equal opportunity money drainers. Prices are not always the same for non map items. Acropower was cheaper at SWA. I have to agree that this situation sucks for SWA and Aquacave and Premium Aquatics. They just can't compete. They are probably relying solely on repeat customers. New hobbyists will flock to BRS. Their marketing dept deserves a huge raise. Those $10 codes are making people place additional orders for things they probably don't absolutely need right now. It's a great way for them to boost year end sale numbers.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stay tuned I have sev

has nothing to do with entitlements at all it’s the fact that they are giving you something and then there is nothing there. I am cool as hell with a towel or tshirt. I have spent a lot of money with them so tell you you are getting something and then not follow through with that is not right

It takes 2 minutes to email customer service and tell them you didn’t get your code. Bam. You get what you wanted.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes 2 minutes to email customer service and tell them you didn’t get your code. Bam. You get what you wanted.
Did that was told it would come usps and nothing I am not greedy give me a tshirt and I am happy or one of those nice towels

Last edited by a moderator:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But BRS is not giving away the free stuff...the underling companies are. That is the rub. PA and SWA are not getting the same considerations from these companies as they do not have the size. I agree that it is not BRS's job to keep competitors in business. I guess my concern goes back to the pre-MAP thinking..that competition is a good thing and without competition we are going to be paying higher prices because there is no check on how much a singular company can raise prices. With MAP pricing, which vendor you get it from is probably a non event regarding competition. Meh...i bought from BRS this year too..so i guess it is not that big of a concern for me.

Competition is a great thing in all aspects of life.

Let’s pretend for 2 seconds that all the other little shops don’t survive and BRS is the only player left. You really think they raise prices unchecked and turn away the majority of their customers?

The only thing raising prices does is give Jebao more business. I don’t see BRS being stupid enough to price people out of the hobby because then they lose their business as a whole

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did that was told it would come usps and nothing I am not greedy give me a tshirt and I am happy or one of those nice towels

Both cost more than the code and BRS didn’t give away any of their swag this year which was a complete disappointment. Way more disappointing than the $10 codes we all got.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Competition is a great thing in all aspects of life.

Let’s pretend for 2 seconds that all the other little shops don’t survive and BRS is the only player left. You really think they raise prices unchecked and turn away the majority of their customers?

The only thing raising prices does is give Jebao more business. I don’t see BRS being stupid enough to price people out of the hobby because then they lose their business as a whole
Yes. That's what Monopoly means. The company can raise prices unchecked little by little. Look at inflation prices now. It's not stopping people from buying stuff. People will complain about it but most people will suck it up and pay it because there's no competition and no other choices.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. That's what Monopoly means. The company can raise prices unchecked little by little. Look at inflation prices now. It's not stopping people from buying stuff. People will complain about it but most people will suck it up and pay it because there's no competition and no other choices.

Apex hits $1200 and people aren’t buying it. Radions ? Same thing. Too many other choices out there that don’t rely on smaller shops to stick around.

Amazon isn’t going anywhere and neither are the Chinese knock off companies.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex hits $1200 and people aren’t buying it. Radions ? Same thing. Too many other choices out there that don’t rely on smaller shops to stick around.

Amazon isn’t going anywhere and neither are the Chinese knock off companies.
People said the same about Radion 10 years ago. If Radion is over $700, no one gonna buy it. Look at where we are now =P.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People said the same about Radion 10 years ago. If Radion is over $700, no one gonna buy it. Look at where we are now =P.

And milk isn’t $1.49 either. Everything in the world has gone up and will continue to go up. Burgers used to be 5 cents too. Should we all boycott McDonald’s (insert any restaurant here) because everyone’s prices went up?

lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back