$10 BRS Codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here we go probably $400 or so spent on 6 orders and nothing extra in the boxes other than hat I ordered other than 6 $10 dollar codes that I have to use one at a time so that ensures they make more money off me. I didn’t want to think it was so but it looks like this whole big week long Black Friday bull **** is nothing but a scam to get people to drop their hard earned money. They have gotten several thousand off me this year and they won’t get anymore is all I am gonna say I am done with them. Well done brs marketing team

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I learned my lesson last year when they said they were giving away like 10,000 free items. All those videos of them stuffing extra stuff in boxes... I made quite a few orders and got nothing.
I did hear some reports on here of people winning (sometimes more than once) though, so it does happen.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned my lesson last year when they said they were giving away like 10,000 free items. All those videos of them stuffing extra stuff in boxes... I made quite a few orders and got nothing.
I did hear some reports on here of people winning (sometimes more than once) though, so it does happen.
Still feel scammed lol these $10 codes juts get you to spend more money lol I learned my lesson that’s for sure

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy stuff you didnt need in hopes of getting more stuff you didnt need? Or did you spend money on things that you were going to get anyways with a chance of getting stuff you dont need? The way I play the game is that I get stuff I was going to get anyway...split it up into as many free shipping modules as I can and hope that I receive the first few orders so that I can get an additional $10 bucks off the last few orders. Its small ball for sure...but if I was going to spend the money anyways?

Oh well. Sorry that you feel scammed / ripped off. Its a terrible feeling. But BRS does seem to have the marketing down on how to get people to spend some extra bucks.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy stuff you didnt need in hopes of getting more stuff you didnt need? Or did you spend money on things that you were going to get anyways with a chance of getting stuff you dont need? The way I play the game is that I get stuff I was going to get anyway...split it up into as many free shipping modules as I can and hope that I receive the first few orders so that I can get an additional $10 bucks off the last few orders. Its small ball for sure...but if I was going to spend the money anyways?

Oh well. Sorry that you feel scammed / ripped off. Its a terrible feeling. But BRS does seem to have the marketing down on how to get people to spend some extra bucks.
Exactly my point it’s down pat lol I got stuff I will use but don’t need right now. It seemed all too good to be true and my girlfriend warned me it was lol. I mean the way he made it sound when giving out stuff on line lol it was happening all day long lol. I mean throw me a tshirt or a towel something lol $10 dollars off smh I don’t need that lol

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the SWA anniversary sale last year I got a free Hanna low range nitrate checker thrown in my box. This was right before the HR checker came out. I've never even used it because you need a chemistry degree to figure it out. If anybody has one you know what I mean. Maybe I should sign up for Secret Santa and send it on its way but I'm sure the recipient wouldn't be very happy..lol

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly my point it’s down pat lol I got stuff I will use but don’t need right now. It seemed all too good to be true and my girlfriend warned me it was lol. I mean the way he made it sound when giving out stuff on line lol it was happening all day long lol. I mean throw me a tshirt or a towel something lol $10 dollars off smh I don’t need that lol

They were adding free gifts to random boxes the whole time. BRS planned close to 60k promo cards. Let's assume they don't use 10% of them (not likely, but we will assume they didn't use them all), that means there were well over 55k orders over the last 10 days. Even if you placed 10 orders, your chances are abysmal.

Set your expectations correctly and you will see how low your chances were of getting something free added. Most of the free gifts given out during the lives were trash IMO. It was a bunch of stuff I would never need or use. Give me $10 every time in that case. I will gladly take free food (that I will use), a free bucket (that I will use), free RO filters (that I will use), a Mr Chili plushie for my kid (that will get used)....over some random donated items that just get thrown in my junk box until I throw them away.

Take the $10 off and buy the shirt you want. They were like $12 on the sale or something ridiculous.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were adding free gifts to random boxes the whole time. BRS planned close to 60k promo cards. Let's assume they don't use 10% of them (not likely, but we will assume they didn't use them all), that means there were well over 55k orders over the last 10 days. Even if you placed 10 orders, your chances are abysmal.

Set your expectations correctly and you will see how low your chances were of getting something free added. Most of the free gifts given out during the lives were trash IMO. It was a bunch of stuff I would never need or use. Give me $10 every time in that case. I will gladly take free food (that I will use), a free bucket (that I will use), free RO filters (that I will use), a Mr Chili plushie for my kid (that will get used)....over some random donated items that just get thrown in my junk box until I throw them away.

Take the $10 off and buy the shirt you want. They were like $12 on the sale or something ridiculous.
You are not seeing my point I can see that a $10 code will end up costing me more money between taxes and shipping for that one item do the math

Last edited by a moderator:

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The definition of scam must have changed. When did getting what you paid for plus the addition of at least a $10 promo card become a scam?
When you put it out there like they did that it seemed to good to be true and you have spent thousands with them this year alone. You get a $10 code doesn’t even cover the tax or the shipping you end up spending more money. You make something out to be better than it is people spend more money cause they think they stand a chance so more orders are placed and this is just not the case. I am sorry if you can not see my point not sure what else to tell you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found one

Last edited:

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to use one $10 for each order but all together so they are getting you to spend more money to use the code

crawling junk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Atleast you got a code. I got a salt box thrown on my porch with shipping label on it and nothing else. Not even in the box. Literally purple aquaforest box with label on it

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atleast you got a code. I got a salt box thrown on my porch with shipping label on it and nothing else. Not even in the box. Literally purple aquaforest box with label on it
I got the same thing too brother Red Sea blue bucket nothing at all in it

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the only folks who got items added ti their orders were the ones picked during the live streams. I saw a few people won multiple times. A bit disappointing BRS didn't make a limit for the number of times you could win dureing the live streams.

I only ordered the stuffed I needed or use that was on sale for less than or equal to what I pay elsewhere.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you put it out there like they did that it seemed to good to be true and you have spent thousands with them this year alone. You get a $10 code doesn’t even cover the tax or the shipping you end up spending more money. You make something out to be better than it is people spend more money cause they think they stand a chance so more orders are placed and this is just not the case. I am sorry if you can not see my point not sure what else to tell you.
Your point is that you are entitled to more free stuff cuz you spent a lot of money on BRS on stuff you wanted.

I can't believe BRS made you place all those orders against your will. How dare they.

I kept buying lottery tickets and I keep loosing. I feel your pain. Life is so unfair.

frank underwood politics GIF

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the biggest issue is they sold the perks as getting cards or goods while actually only doing goods in the live stream and cards for everything else. A bit misleading imo.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the end of the year. Gotta move old inventory and bump up the balance sheet for the 4th quarter. Just business. But they did make a lot of reefer's days, including mine. I got $100 credit. Already spent it. :grinning-squinting-face:

SlingBlade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno why but I was exited, like a kid at Christmas, to get the free gift. It's on my packing slip, but I got nothing extra. My feelings are kinda hurt. Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back