10 gallon macroalgae tank

dirtycontour

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
82
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a ten gallon tank. I would like to start a macro tank. I do not know much about macros so I've been doing a little bit of reading on them. My plan is to use a few lbs. of dry rock and a 4" sandbed. I would like to have turtle grass covering the sandbed. I want a green, a red, and a brown macro. I'm looking at Halimeda, Gracilaria and Dictoya.

Anyone here have a macro tank? Tips are appreciated.

I'm thinking about some sort of borrowing fish, would that be possible with the plants tanking root in the SB?
 
I would be concerned with the burrowing fish uprooting the macros. I think a pair of clown gobies would be great for the tank. What do you plan on using for lighting?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new