ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
04CA6031-EAB6-4A77-ADB9-288AE651847D.jpeg
Testing tank 1 is functional. I don’t have a filter on yet, but for the moment the water movement and the live rock will do. The prototype should be completed by Friday.
1BEDEC76-7912-4DBE-8EE5-B18A4BD88DCD.jpeg

Threw this guy in as a lab assistant, because why not? He may go when the mandy arrives, but until then he’s helping out. I’ll likely remove the chaeto when the mandy arrives too, I don’t want it to throw off results or anything.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Definitely interested in purchasing the finished product.

Lol, or beta testing for you after you patent it.

It is my understanding there are 3 levels of patents.

A specific tool/design

That specific design with some modifications

The very concept that that specific tool or design was used for.

All 3 of these examples are horribly worded.
This information comes from meeting someone who spent $2K on their patent that covers the entire concept for their invention and they were telling me all about their invention.

He claimed that even if someone made a better, very different, version that his patent would supersede it.

He was in the process of shopping around the idea with a viable prototype. He was intrested in simply making a small portion of the proceeds after he sold it to a larger manufacturing company.

The leg work / numbers that he fully explained was pretty impressive.

We had an hour to kill on a job site and he managed to fill that with some interesting information.
I just wish I could remember it all.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’d like to get a concept patent to protect my similar ideas for seahorses and pipefish. Can’t wait to start on those too (maybe we can make them more mainstream) (I’ll be very pleased if I get to setup a pipefish tank, I’ve wanted those for a long time).

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, we aren’t sure how beta testing will work yet or if it will happen at all. Once we enter the competition we may be bound by certain rules and regulations.

If we do get to do some beta testing, we will of course look to the R2R community first.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to start testing. We will hopefully be ready by the end of the month (won’t take long to cycle, I used live rock from my refugium, squeezed one of my filter sponges in the tank, and added chaeto, plus I used 5 gallons of water from my tank).

Prototype 1 is going to be paid for today, it will look a good deal different than the final product. I actually want it to look different, it may need to change a great deal and this testing product has a few transparent areas where there won’t be any in the final model, this will allow me to look inside of it and see if something is broken. I see one area where a problem could arise but believe I have a solution that will work.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on releasing numerous models so that we can help even more fish, our design/business is focused on the mandarin dragonets as its a fish I really like and want to protect. Pipefish and seahorse are my next goals. I have a model that could be used more broadly to feed far more fish, it’ll make feeding your aquarium super easy. That one won’t come out for a bit though, but we’ll try hard to make all these things happen.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New member joined the team today. Hopefully we can get them on here soon to say hello.

The stupid heater didn't turn on, hate to add another cost but I guess its necessary. Maybe for the best as it was kinda old. As a college student I'm trying to keep costs at a minimum.

axolotl256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am a new member of the team and, as a Biology major, I hope to learn more about the Mandarins and be able to aid this project's development. I will be furthering the research done by this group and will help in overall communications and eventual presentations!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back