OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prototype tank set up and we are super excited. I am super pleased with the prototype from @cromag27 at Octo Aquatics. His product was perfect as so was every other part of the transaction. Will definitely be going to him for every other prototype for this invention (and the others I've got planned [and there are some amazing plans too]). Will do the first water test tomorrow.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing a good few pods around the tank. I've got a clownfish that eats copepods, amphipods, and etc so I will be doing the first test with him.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the silence, as a college student, I've been incredibly busy. Finals are coming up and that takes most of my time. Not a very exciting time for the tank, I'm doing a long cycle to mimic it being added to a semi-established tank. I plan on adding a clownfish to the tank for a week to see how he likes it (he seems to eat copepods so is a good pre-mandarin).

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at ocean's floor yesterday and saw they had a target mandarin. I would have preferred a normal mandarin but I knew he likely didn't have much longer there, he was looking emaciated. He was $35 (overpriced), but I have a soft spot in my heart for mandy's. Purchased him and brought him home to live in my tank for a bit (get him nice and healthy, again, hes skinny) before I test with him. Good news is he is already eating and fattening up. I think he will definitely be in good condition by end of two weeks maximum and then we can begin.

My worries: My testing tank doesn't really mimic my target tank. From what I've seen the average (barring outliers) tank a mandy goes to is in the 3-5 month range. Not old enough at all but that tank would maybe have better pod population than my tank. I really want to get accurate results, it'll make sure there aren't any surprises when we move to beta tests.

Other: I was at LFS yesterday and heard a bad story. Guy brand new to aquariums had come earlier that month and said "I need some copepods." The employee said "Sorry sir, we are all out, can I ask why, we have a shipment coming at the end of the week?" Customer "I just started my tank and I'm going to breed mandarins, I just bought 25 and they are all in there together so I need a few pods for them." Employee "Have you done any research on mandarins, you can't keep that many in almost any size tank let alone a brand new one." Customer "Don't worry about it I watched a youtube video I know what I'm doing." Needless to say they didn't see the guy again. Hate to hear stories like that but hopefully we can get the public better informed about these fish.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take a picture but he's staying near my algae glass (side of glass I let algae grow freely, it makes for a better environment in my opinion.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of us are studying for finals right now, its a super busy week. But we do have a follow up meeting tomorrow. As soon as we finish up exams we will begin testing. I want to be able to make various observations of the tank throughout the day.

OP
OP
ArowanaLover1902

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news and a big setback. As many of you know, much of the power across the Carolinas was out. Temperatures were below freezing. Living where I do, power was out for 4 days and the roads were blocked in with snow. Sadly, all of my fish and most of my corals died, including the mandarin. I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin testing now but this was a big setback. It's awful looking at my tank right now, a few corals (leathers) made it but all my acans, frogspawn, SPS, and many more are dead.

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know you can't disclose your product yet, but it sounds like your aiming for a product similar to this one I saw on BRS just recently?

211956-barraquatics-podchest-plumbing-le.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news and a big setback. As many of you know, much of the power across the Carolinas was out. Temperatures were below freezing. Living where I do, power was out for 4 days and the roads were blocked in with snow. Sadly, all of my fish and most of my corals died, including the mandarin. I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin testing now but this was a big setback. It's awful looking at my tank right now, a few corals (leathers) made it but all my acans, frogspawn, SPS, and many more are dead.

Oh no. So sorry. That is devastating. Terrible to see it happen.

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not actually a business yet, but what do you guys think of the logo I've designed?

DragonetAquaticsLogo.png

I'd re-create the fish artwork to resemble a Mandarin goby since you're targeting this specific fish? That would instantly inform the public what the logo is specifically intended for.

Another possible title to your company name ... Dragonet Exclusive :)? Just my opinion

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back