thenanoreef

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottMyers123 Thanks!

Here is a little update:
So, everything, as you guys have seen is doing great! Tonight I transferred the clownfish over from the 24 gallon. They seem to be getting quite comfortable and pretty quickly too! I don't think that the smaller tank will really affect them much, but I am hesitant to add even a small citrus goby or other small fish, thoughts? I also moved over all the equipment from the 24. I have to say, I am quite proud of myself that I was able to fit it all inside the 10L X 2W area that will be hidden by my custom piece that is hopefully on the way from Zen-Reef as we speak. Tomorrow is tare down day for the 24 so that promises to be fun. Another question, I have a few mushroom corals and a little zoa frag as a free be from aqua SD, but I don't want to put it in the ten gallon (right now its in the 24), what should I do with it?

Here are some pictures:
Equipment from right to left: Koralia nano (soon to be replaced by RW-4), auto top of pump (hanging on rim of tank), apex temp probe (can't really see), ato sensor (also can't really see), pH and ORP probes in a Zen-Reef probe holder. ATO filling tube (goes through one of the probe holes), and lastly heater.
IMG_2507.JPG

Here's a closeup of the right side:
IMG_2506.JPG

Happy reefing everyone,

thenanoreef

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good! I think the RW4 might be a little strong if you haven't ordered it yet. I have one on my biocube 14, and I have to run in on the lowest setting, with square wave on/off just to keep it from blowing the water out of the tank. If you want to go SPS heavy it's a good pump, but might still be too strong on a 10g.

OP
OP
thenanoreef

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ludnix yeah, your probably right. I had it from the 24 gallon and I find it to be a great pump. I still need to give it a vinegar bath and put it in, so we will see.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they made an even smaller one! The output for it's size is amazing. I've also found it to be more reliable compared to Koralias. The standard 10g is a little longer than the biocube so you may get better dispersion than I do with the pump.

You had mentioned interest in a citrus goby. Just so you know I think they guys can turn out to be SPS polyp nippers, so if you plan to keep any SPS they might cause you some headache in the future. I too wanted a bunch of them in my biocube, but until I give up SPS they are going to be a no-go for me.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back