10 gallon reef lighting

codigoins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just recently picked up a 10 gallon starpbire tank and was having some questions, I have a 24 inch 4 bulb t5 unit and was wondering if I bought 4 of the 24 inch ati bulbs brand new if it would be too much light, I just plan on keeping mostly Sps corals and chalice frags and would like them to grow a little before I put them in my larger tank, thanks guys! Let me know what you all would do! Pathos is my first nano and my main tank is 100 gallons so help me out lol! Thanks guys!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the T-5 plan would be fine. How are you mounting it?

OP
OP
C

codigoins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came with brackets so a few inches over the tank, like I said I, ordering bulbs today and just plan on SPs and chalices

jservedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came with brackets so a few inches over the tank, like I said I, ordering bulbs today and just plan on SPs and chalices

If it were me I would make a bi-level egg-crate frag rack and put all the SPS up on top to soak up most of the light and shade the chalices on the bottom. 4x ATI T5 on just 10g of water is quite a bit of power for low light loving chalices. Just to keep them in my 20g SPS tank, I have to keep them in a "canyon" against the far left wall of the tank otherwise they fade from all the light the acros love. While I have the Radion Pro now, even with the 4x T5 I had before, the chalices would do really badly when kept up high in the tank and that is a 17" deep tank.

OP
OP
C

codigoins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I ordered 4 bulbs, blue plus, coral plus, aqua blue special and purple plus.. Hopefully that should be good? Should I get a smaller led strip too add onto it for support?

OP
OP
C

codigoins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lps had it sitting around for months and finally talked them into selling it too me, it's a gem for sure ! Nice tank I have no idea how or why they got it.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 73 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back