10 gallon stocking ideas?

Patrick M Bodega Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I am a beginner saltwater keeper and I have a 10 gallon that I want to convert from fresh to salt. What fish / inverts would you recommend?
Thanks.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably easier to go to live aquaria or like site with a marine nano fish section as a guideline. In general you are looking at small gobies, possum wrasses or a YOUNG pair of ocellaris clowns by themselves (that will likely outgrow it and not allow any other tank mates). Cleaner shrimp will be fine just try to have rock work they can hang sideways or upside down on. I would HIGHLY suggest moving to a 20g long which are like $35-40 at petsmart/petco. Even though it won't add much in the way of fish selection (I wouldn't put more than 3 small and ultra peaceful gobies and a cleaner shrimp OR a pair of ocellaris clowns and cleaner shrimp in either size) it will help highly in stability and fish comfort (they like their own space unlike many community freshwater fish).

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! As a permanent situation, I’d do either a BTA only tank with sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs or a mushroom/RFA/zoa tank with sexy shrimp and a tiny goby like Catalina or vampire. Both are simple to take care of and the inhabitants can live in there for their entire lives :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back