OP
Reefer_E

Reefer_E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, it’s rather sad looking and yes, as said before, currently that baby clown has space but it’s a living animal and will GROW to adult size. Folks are loosing patience with you as you continue to try to convince yourself and others that this is an ok way to keep your pet.
He is only supposed to be 2.5-3 inches

Ps. I have a 20 long it is freshwater right now but planning on changing it to salt soon.

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is only supposed to be 2.5-3 inches

Ps. I have a 20 long it is freshwater right now but planning on changing it to salt soon.
2.5-3” is wrong. You've been told already how large these fish get. At this point it feels like you’re being a troll.

Ps. I’m done with this thread.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish if they stay male will get up to 4 inches. Is tgis a regular 10 or a shallow 10 gallon? It is small and you can keep for a while. If you like the sparse look in your tank keep it. There is plenty of filtration for the clown itself and corals. You are better off swapping out for something smaller. Unless this is one of those shallow tanks. With the tank like you have it, you could do some goby shrimp pair but will want to add some course grain sand for structure as the current sand looks like, well sand lol. Could even do a single island structure in center with open space around. Structure like images below and a few corals would be neat. Can do a birdsnest coral or other fast easy sps on one side with maybe a sea whip or some other short corals. The other could have a leather or lps wavy type.
1000002935.jpg

Or just a single island with some corals that get along well.
1000002933.jpg

Do you have a budget?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish if they stay male will get up to 4 inches. Is tgis a regular 10 or a shallow 10 gallon? It is small and you can keep for a while. If you like the sparse look in your tank keep it. There is plenty of filtration for the clown itself and corals. You are better off swapping out for something smaller. Unless this is one of those shallow tanks. With the tank like you have it, you could do some goby shrimp pair but will want to add some course grain sand for structure as the current sand looks like, well sand lol. Could even do a single island structure in center with open space around. Structure like images below and a few corals would be neat. Can do a birdsnest coral or other fast easy sps on one side with maybe a sea whip or some other short corals. The other could have a leather or lps wavy type.
1000002935.jpg

Or just a single island with some corals that get along well.
1000002933.jpg

Do you have a budget?
Clowns dont “stay male” unless theres a female. A male clown will always turn female if alone. So more like 4.5 inches. Ive got a male and female adult, they are way too big for a 10

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna say the 10 is OK for a maybe a year or so, typically when people either quit the hobby, or get a larger tank.

Clowns when hosting something are funny as hell, and wont go far from the hosting item, so technically that zone can be the entire tank with the single object they are "hosting"

And hosting tends to always never be what u want them to host. I think mine went from powerhead -> euphyllia -> duncan.

Once it claimed the duncan, it didnt go far from it, within the range of a 10 gallon.
But they got really nasty when things got close to the duncan, including my hands.

So id be more worred about whatever you had with them more in that 10 gallon.

They also killed a TON of snails by flipping them off the walls, and played soccer with my hermit crabs.

But 10 will be fine if its a temporary home. It has to be temporary, tho.

As for what else can you stock?
Nothing... as i said once they start hosting something, they get REALLY REALLY NASTY.
Clowns attacking algae scrappers, and hands are common.
Anything u put in that 10 gal, your signing a death match, where the clown will win, unless its a big grouper that can swallow the clown in 1 bite.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns dont “stay male” unless theres a female. A male clown will always turn female if alone. So more like 4.5 inches. Ive got a male and female adult, they are way too big for a 10
yes, thank you, as the females do get much bigger. I forgot to add that part lol. Finding nemo gets disturbing when you apply naturebto it.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, thank you, as the females do get much bigger. I forgot to add that part lol. Finding nemo gets disturbing when you apply naturebto it.
Lol yeah my mom said she liked the finding nemo version of clowns better for that reason

OP
OP
Reefer_E

Reefer_E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See! If you shop enough opinions you can hear what you want to hear and see what you want to see and your conscious can be set free!

Yes, yes, the photo speaks a thousand words! You have convinced me and I take back everything I said. Perfect fit and room to spare! Bravo Reef_E you have cracked the tiny tank code and have my blessing. After all, you posted and tagged me to hear that right?

Maybe throw in a carpet anemone or two and a few baby tangs to provide community. Just think about all the extra happiness! Not worries, if in doubt, ask enough people and you are sure to find many that will tell you it is okay.
I am going to swap him to my 20 gallon long tank when he gets bigger.

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon reef tank with a clownfish and a xenia what other coral, fish, invertebrates etc would be good to stock the tank with?
I personally have a fuzzy mushroom bubble coral 2 candy cane 2 Duncan clove polyp, blasto 2 favia 4 different hermit 2Red Banded Trochus Snail 1 Astrea Snail 2 sand shifting snails 13 RFA a dime size BTA 3 sexy shrimp and 2 different type of clownfish paired but at the same time I’m testing and cleaning up things in the tank every 3 days so I have to do more care because of the amount of livestock

OP
OP
Reefer_E

Reefer_E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally have a fuzzy mushroom bubble coral 2 candy cane 2 Duncan clove polyp, blasto 2 favia 4 different hermit 2Red Banded Trochus Snail 1 Astrea Snail 2 sand shifting snails 13 RFA a dime size BTA 3 sexy shrimp and 2 different type of clownfish paired but at the same time I’m testing and cleaning up things in the tank every 3 days so I have to do more care because of the amount of livestock
Is that in a 10 gallon?

1stPhantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that in a 10 gallon?
My parameters as of yesterday was
Calcium 470
Phos 0.2
DKH -9
Mag 1500
Nitrate 11.3
Hanna testers used
It just depends on the care level you put into your tank if you ask me and some luck n trial n error still tryna fight nitrate levels down to near 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back