10 Gallons Mirage Style

mgdmirage

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
388
Reaction score
9
Location
Spokane, Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it is time i delve into yet another nano. I have been tossing around the idea for a long time but could never really find the right setup. I wanted to do another 5.5 but I really wanted a little more room to work with. So when I saw a local petshop had the Marina tanks in stock I grabbed one. I then went overkill and drilled 1.5" bulkhead for the drain and a 3/4" bulkhead for the return. I plan on making this an SPS tank.

Equipment:
1.5" bulkhead for drain 3/4" return bulkhead
2 or 3 LED wholesaler's Par38 bulbs
Koralia Nano or 550
Hydor Seltz return pump
150w Tetra preset heater
10 gallon baffled sump
12+lbs of dryrock plus a few lbs in sump

Here are some pics of where I am right now. The scape is a quick mockup and will probably change a bit.

IMG_82251280x1067.jpg


IMG_82221280x981.jpg


IMG_82241280x1280.jpg
 
Added the water last night and built a temporary light setup. I wanted to paint the light setup but it is just too dang cold out!

IMG_82321280x1221.jpg


IMG_82381280x853.jpg


IMG_82421280x853.jpg
 
Looks good!
 
Anymore updates?
 
Just adding some cycle to the tank and put about 3 lbs of liverock from my 40 gallon breeder. Hoping for a speedy cycle! I have lots of SPS waiting for this one.
 
Looks great! Do you have any plans for filtration, or are you going to rely on frequent water changes?
 
There will be a skimmer of some sort and i'm even thinking of making a little reactor and running biopellets hehe. I also have a small hob filter i will put on the sump for carbon.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new