100% Aquaculture, Bare Bones SPS Lagoon

This is a pretty amazing looking low maintenance setup!

Just for some clarification... on a 25 gallon you dose 3 drops once a week, change carbon out every other week, and do a double dose on those days? How much carbon are you running?

Thanks! That’s right, not too much to it.

I fill a little media bag with about 4 shot glasses of carbon and throw it in one of the back chambers. I believe the recommendation I was given was an Oz per 10 gallons, but I use about double the amount I suppose.
 
1 drop per gallon????
so wouldn't that be 25 drops???
or are you meening 1 per 10 gal??
just wondering :)

Good catch, thanks! Yes it is one drop per 10 gallons, NOT one drop per gallon.
 
e49537454fce2eb5f2de255d8652229a.heic


Here’s a peek at the new tank. 80 gallon Innovative marine and Maxspect razor LED. I’m planning to run it in the same style as the nano.
 
I haven’t started a new thread yet but here’s a little update on the new tank.

Most coral are looking really good, I left the tank for over a month without seeing it. I have a friend that fills the ATO reservoir once a month while I’m away. During that time my establish corals grew like crazy, while the new additions didn’t really do much.

Besides that, I seem to have a GHA explosion besides having 0 detectable phosphate. Might have been due to problem with the auto feeder but working on getting that under control.

Still dosing my bleach and haven’t changed any water yet.
402e1b2712bccdb709e83297185a2807.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg
65487c4856468e576f1d4327e73116bd.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new