$1000.00

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, your significant other green lights 1000.00 for upgrades to the reef tank. How would you spend it?

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric
Bourbon, Bacon or Beer in any order and say "you see the new stuff in the tank" and she would say "Yeah it is pretty" without ever looking.

OP
OP
Cichlid Dad

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great bro!!! Make a poll w some options. Good luck
If I wanted someone else's opinions on how to spend my money I would make a poll. This is a fun how would you spend a guilt free thousand dollars.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During those rare times I’ve had a “freed up” chunk of cash; I’ve bought things I’ve dreamed about or looked at for a long time and couldn’t justify the expense. Like decor for my home, a pair of magical shoes that made me feel gorgeous. One time, a beautiful outdoor wrought iron gazebo I trained antique roses to grow on.

For this subject matter of this post, it was the actual Red Sea 350 G2+, with high quality hardware; paying to have someone create a fantastic Marco Rocks scape, and budgeted money so I could have bi-weekly water change service (I have taken from my entertainment/eating out budget to have that service).

My long point being, spend it on something for your hobby that makes you smile with glee every time you see it. The basics can and will be bought at some point, when finances allow,

And I have never gotten approval on “extra” spending. When I’ve been married we always had a joint account to split up household finances and individual accounts we did what we wanted with. Both of us had jobs.

Of course we didn’t just come home with a new huge kitchen appliance we thought was cool without discussing, but it wasn’t money related,

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spend all $1000 on a new tank. Then tell significant other you misunderstood and thought the $1000 was for the “tank upgrade,” and there was going to be more budget specifically for the equipment. Gaslight significant other into thinking the whole debacle is their fault. Between the gaslighting and empty tank sitting in the living room they will pretty much HAVE TO give you an equipment budget! Nothing could go wrong!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, your significant other green lights 1000.00 for upgrades to the reef tank. How would you spend it?

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric
Probably some corals.
I got lots of space to fill in.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back