100s of moving white something

Jpmumaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda freakin out just a tad. The internet is wonderful thing but you can find all kinds of info about the same thing and it all says something different. Been to few different ID sights and I'm still no close to I'd or good/bad. Any help would be awesome thanks in advance!!!

OP
OP
Jpmumaw

Jpmumaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't load image the first time sorry

IMG_1003.JPG

OP
OP
Jpmumaw

Jpmumaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did go to your site and check it out(ton of help by the way on a few occasions so thanks a ton). So I'm inclined to agree my problem though is at what number of them would they be bad and is there anything I can do to control it. As I read they are near indestructible and not very good food for fish. So if we agree they are ostracod what would be my next step lol.

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ostrocods (verified by macro photography) when I first started my reef tank. Either my wrasse or time sorted then out.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them a some time ago, and they just went away. I think they're an interesting critter and will add to your little ecosystem. Fish do get some benefits, albeit their tough little shell can protect them quite well.... to the point they sometimes come out alive on the other end. O.O They help clean up and are often indicative of a newer tank or one that has a bit of detritus or film algae.

OP
OP
Jpmumaw

Jpmumaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ruby head wrasse with some decent size on him, so that is reassuring if that's the case!! And time is no biggie this tank has been a waiting game so far anyhow. Was supposed to do a large coral order this week with a friend will these effect that?

OP
OP
Jpmumaw

Jpmumaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you answered my question already, thanks a ton for the help guys!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 141 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back