120 aqueon, bean conversion

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So heres the plan. I have a standard dual overflow aqueon 120 that is going in my living room and I dont want a competition between the tv and tank to see which is louder. Instead of using the megaflow kits that come with it I am going to turn the left overflow holes into a full siphon and dry emergency drain. The right overflow will be a wet drain and return line, wet drain will be in this overflow so it still surface skims. These are all 1" holes. To get the overflow boxes to work as one I am gonna drill holes for 1/2" bulkheads into each overflow opposite of eachother and connect via black 1/2" sch 40 pvc, later on I'll use this as a support for a frag rack or to place shelf rock and corals on between the overflows. I could place the pipe under the sand but prefer using it in this way instead. Waiting on plumbing parts to arrive so will post pics as the build progresses, should have everything by monday though to start.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a couple things done, first I decided to put the cross over tube connecting the two overflows at the bottom where it will be covered with sand. Second started putting some of the plumbing together, got all the stand pipes installed in the overflows and bulkheads installed. Also got the valves for the manifold all glued together.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pictures of the work done so far. Crossover tube between the overflows is siliconed inside and outside the overflow box

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump finished, may decide to put another baffle in to make rufugium area but can do that later. For a diy sump I dont think I did that bad.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, heres the tank and stand, finished with the main plumbing now, still have to do the manifold though which will be fed off its own pump, next stop electrical.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0880.JPG
8 months later and the tank has been running good, few design changes here and there. Been fighting with bryopsis for awhile now and am on day 3 of treating with fluconazole.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 56 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back