120 g stocking suggestions

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,looking for stocking suggestions for 4 x2x2 120g,I currently have, one 2" Midas blenny ,one 2" foxface, one 2" royal gramma and a trio of small pyjama cardinals for a count of six smallish fish
other fish I'd like to have are but not necessarily all of them are,
Tomini gang
Coral beauty
Melanuras wrasse
Mc coskers flasher wrasse
Clown pair
Lyretail anthias

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of that looks good to me. A group of lyretail anthias might be tough to maintain in a 4' tank, but it might work, and a single would be fine.

I would add a long nosed or flame hawk....always.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would sub the Tomini with a yellow eye Kole tang. Had both, the Kole seem to work nonstop and have a better visual appeal (to me). They are both bristletooth so one or the other.

I don't see a yellow or purple tang listed.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replies,yeah,not crazy about purple gang and certainly not paying $200-$300 for a yellow,lol,I remember buying a yellow for $19.99,the kole I've had before.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH I don’t like a “standard” 120 mainly because of the 4ft length. If I were you I would have gone for less height and at least 5ft length. That’s what I’m doing for my tank.

I’ll go by your fish list individually:

1. Tomini Tang- This is among the smallest of the Tangs and one I’d feel comfortable putting in a 4ft tank. As for the Zebrasoma I’d say a smaller Zebrasoma like a Yellow, Purple, Gem, maybe the Black etc. is borderline doable but those need that 5ft+ tank if left to me.

2. Coral Beauty Angel- No problem with this one.

3. Melanurus Wrasse- No problem.

4. McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse- No problem.

5. Clown pair- No problem.

6. Lyretail Anthias- I’d probably consider a smaller, more peaceful species of Anthias. Not sure what’s hardy and fits the bill for being smaller and more peaceful, there’s a member called Haydn who keeps them. He’s the person to ask. pcon (another member) might also have experience.

IMO if you want Anthias I’d rather go for a species that stands out. A Borbonius or Sunburst (maybe 2 Sunburst as Borbonius get larger, but not sure how 2 would get along?) would IMO be my choice.

Other fish to consider:

-Basslets (Royal Gramma, Blackcap Basslet, Swissguard Basslet, Yellow / Randall / McNeill’s Assessors, small group of Chalk Bass, Lantern / Orangeback Basslets)

-Hawkfish (Flame, Longnose)

-Shrimp and Goby pairs

-Blennies

-More peaceful damsels (Talbot’s, Azure, Yellowtail, Rolland’s, Tracey’s, Starcki, Neon, Caerulean, Andaman / Allen’s)

-Captive Bred Singapore Angel (Poma Labs)

-Orchid Dottyback (maybe not the best idea to mix with basslets?) / other ORA Captive Bred Dottybacks

-Reef Safe W Caution Butterflies (Atlantic Longnose, Tinker’s, Burgess, Declivis, Mitratus- subgenus Roaps)

-Fairy Wrasses (check evolved’s guide to mixing them)

-Pink Streak / Possum Wrasses

-Leopard Wrasses (hard)

-Cardinalfish (Bangaii, PJ, Yellow Striped, Flame etc.) (Bangaii and Flame need to be kept as singles or confirmed pairs, PJ and Yellow Striped might school better)

-Dartfish / Firefish (Dartfish can be kept in multiples, Firefish need confirmed pairs)

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,looking for stocking suggestions for 4 x2x2 120g,I currently have, one 2" Midas blenny ,one 2" foxface, one 2" royal gramma and a trio of small pyjama cardinals for a count of six smallish fish
other fish I'd like to have are but not necessarily all of them are,
Tomini gang
Coral beauty
Melanuras wrasse
Mc coskers flasher wrasse
Clown pair
Lyretail anthias
Looks good but try to add the tang last. good luck!

Back