schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December Update

Here are a few videos of the tank. This week I've noticed a baby mushroom from the purple with blue spots mushroom, up to 2 total now! Keep spreading!!! Also noticed a clump of my frogspawn floating around in the tank. About the size of an eraser with what appears to be 5-6 little pink tips on it. Got it resting in a nook of a rock where hopefully it will grow out! Not sure if that is how a Frogspawn breeds/splits/spreads???? Anyways, here are a few videos of the tank. Things are going really well. Running EcoBAK for 12 days now and will begin using Redsea Regular salt this week in combination with IO for the first few water changes to get my ALK from 10 to 8DKH before running EcoBAK to it's fullest.

[video=youtube_share;QL81aSgarvY]http://youtu.be/QL81aSgarvY[/video]

[video=youtube_share;pWnyavXeTJk]http://youtu.be/pWnyavXeTJk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;0dS_L1MAAJY]http://youtu.be/0dS_L1MAAJY[/video]

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order with reefs2go. Got 4 Mexican Turbo Snails, 4 turbo snails, 4 trochus snails, 4 astria snails, and 2 emerald crabs coming. I have such a small clean up crew I decided it was time for some additions as I see algae starting to grow on the rocks. This will probably triple my CUC as I don't have much in there for one as of now.

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweepers

Hey all!

So I won a candy cane of some sort at our local club's dirty Santa game this past weekend. I have no idea what colors the coral will turn out to be as it was really bleached out when I got it. I believe it will be burgundy on the outside and green in the middle. It's color is starting to come back already so hopefully next week it will really show me what it will be.

Anyways, I had no idea CC's can throw sweepers out. Check these photos out!

CC Sweeper.jpg
CC Sweeper 2.JPG

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got me a new skimmer last night for an early Christmas present! Got it soaking in vinegar as of last night and will rinse it out with fresh/clean water tonight. Will not set it up in the sump until next week though as I will be traveling most of next week and need to take a baffle out of the sump. I also will need to build a new skimmer stand. Don't want any new equipment "breaking in" when traveling.
skimmer.jpg

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I've wanted a new skimmer for quite some time now. Can't wait to get it up and running in the tank.

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

So I got a lot of things upgraded and moved around on the tank.

Got a new skimmer. SRO2000INT - Made a stand for it and rearranged the sump to accommodate it.
Made and installed the screen/mesh tops for the DT.
Added a 2.5" diamond goby
Started to run chaeto in the sump to help with some HA issues I have starting.
sump.jpg
nog.jpg
screen top.jpg
Goby.jpg

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. Now that the skimmer is dialed in I can't wait to see how much tea we make in just a few days. LOL

OP
OP
schooleyosis

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. After just 3 days the skimmer cup was about 3/4 full so I emptied it. Whew, that stuff stinks! LOL I knew it was stinky but my older skimmer never pulled anything like this one does.

Check this out. My emerald crab is hosting my Duncan coral!!! Usually the Duncan is open even when the crab is in there at night. just happened to snap this photo while the Duncan was retracted.
Crab and Duncan.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 93 45.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.8%
Back